Epstein: Are Cowboys’ Really All-In?

p1_

DCC 4Life
when Connor Livesay gets a press pass. IOW, never.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Feh. Say the Mavs lose next series, will the city still be that fired up about them enough to ignore the Cowboys?

And hockey isn't a big enough sport to move the NFL aside.

Besides, Jerry wouldn't care if the Cowboys were third in town as long as they were #1 nationally. Forbes list, bitches.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Feh. Say the Mavs lose next series, will the city still be that fired up about them enough to ignore the Cowboys?

And hockey isn't a big enough sport to move the NFL aside.

Besides, Jerry wouldn't care if the Cowboys were third in town as long as they were #1 nationally. Forbes list, bitches.
Yep, as long as the Cowboys are bringing in enough money to subsidize Blue Star Industries, all is well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Kind of a simple/easy answer to this specific question: the Eagles' single biggest 2024 cap hit, $16M... the Cowboys, $55M.

I mean that's from massaging the cap numbers though. It's not like they don't have players with contracts that average much more than that. They're in the same boat but they actually have a captain that knows how to steer.

Hurts has a contract that averages $51m per year. His cap hit this year though is $13m, and he doesn't have a cap hit even close to his average salary of $51m until 2027 when it escalates to gasp $41m. It only gets crazy in 2029 ($97m) when God only knows what the overall cap will be and they'll likely be able to figure it out at that point.

AJ Brown same thing. His average salary is $32m per year. His cap hit this year though is $11m. His cap hit doesn't come close to his average salary until 2029 at $29m, then peaks in 2030 at $53m, at which point again who knows what the overall cap will be, but we're talking about 5-6 years into the future so they have a lot of time to figure things out. And those salaries even as they are will probably be a lower cap percentage than you'd think.

They don't have cheaper players or less top salaries to pay, they just don't mind paying it and are willing to spend what it takes and push the tax bill into the future when the cap is bigger.

We could do all this too if we weren't cheap assholes that don't want to spend money.

I guess no one told the eagles about The Pie.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Never thought I’d see the days of Geng praising the eagles.

:faint

Top Bottom