BBQ Thread

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
This feels like the equivalent of those who boil ribs...
Definitely not. Sous vide is awesome. I have done all kinds of food in it, and if you do it correctly it's way better than the stay on the pit all day method. Tomahawk steaks done this way are friggin awesome. LAst ones I did, I could cut with a fork, and they were 2 inches thick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope... not even close. The ribs are in a vacuum sealed bag so they cook in their own juices.
So if I were to cook my ribs in a sealed bag while the water is boiling I'm ok? Asking for a friend.

This is purest BBQ stuff that people get offended over. For me personally, I don't really care as long as the food is good at the end. Never got into the sou-vide stuff though. Just never interested me to do.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
No, definitely not boiling... Sous vide isn't a hot&fast method, at least not for meat it isn't. I haven't done vegetables yet but you can sous-vide anything. I'm going to do fish next.

I've never cooked anything in the sous-vide over 150.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Definitely not. Sous vide is awesome. I have done all kinds of food in it, and if you do it correctly it's way better than the stay on the pit all day method. Tomahawk steaks done this way are friggin awesome. LAst ones I did, I could cut with a fork, and they were 2 inches thick.
I agree. Each time with sous vide has been error free for me.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Anyone have a Masterbuilt or Char-griller gravity feed smoker? I'm thinking about getting rid of my Pit Boss pellet smoker and moving on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Worked out pretty well. Smoked it for about 40 minutes, then a quick 30 second sear on each side.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Worked out pretty well. Smoked it for about 40 minutes, then a quick 30 second sear on each side.
Hell yeah, man...that sounds great.

What kind of wood?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hell yeah, man...that sounds great.

What kind of wood?
It is a pellet thing. You fill it with regular pellets, it comes with two packets. It appears you could get eight or so cooks out of what comes with it.

Gets an amazing smoke in short period of time. I smoked the ribby for 40 minutes.

The smoke flavor was a bit intense, I may cut down the pellets next time.

Until I get a real grill/smoker, this one works.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Heh, I get home and there's an informercial for one of those on the teevee right now.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Yeah I've been eyeballing that contraption for a while, but I'm to the Ninja Foodi line what Nuttzie is to Ryobi. Total whorebag.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I've been eyeballing that contraption for a while, but I'm to the Ninja Foodi line what Nuttzie is to Ryobi. Total whorebag.
Ninja got all my business. We have their air fryer, blender and some of the cookware.

It also helped when my wife worked at Kohl's and we could get kitchen gadgets dirt cheap. We ended paying around $150 for it when it typically retails at $370.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Don't ninja food that don't need ninja'in!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Gonna be frying some boneless chicken wings tomorrow.

About to drop the breasts in buttermilk.

Will be making two sauces, buffalo and garlic parm.

The colonel ain't got shit on me.

And, to be clear, I did not doubt that @Cotton is a pro on dirry ninja butt'n.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gonna be frying some boneless chicken wings tomorrow.

About to drop the breasts in buttermilk.

Will be making two sauces, buffalo and garlic parm.

The colonel ain't got shit on me.

Sir, this is the BBQ Thread.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have never ever used a ninja for a pork butt. I was just putting out a PSA to all of our lovely members.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom