2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If this is true, it sounds like Jerry's hellbent on humbling Dak and deflating his value.
I think if this was the case it would be smarter to do it at the end of the year. A lot can be forgotten between September and March.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think if this was the case it would be smarter to do it at the end of the year. A lot can be forgotten between September and March.
Valid point.

A week 1 loss can also be easily dismissed as just early season rust.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Valid point.

A week 1 loss can also be easily dismissed as just early season rust.
Now I do think them not addressing the RB and WR positions is their way of squeezing Dak.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Now I do think them not addressing the RB and WR positions is their way of squeezing Dak.
It’s tantamount rooting for Dak Prescott incompletions and interceptions.

“Stephen, if Dak throws an INT here ~lipsmack~ I think we can shave a million off the deal”

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can't believe Jerry would be stupid enough to waste a year just to try to squeeze Dak. Who's to say some other team wouldn't just ignore this year and these poorer stats and the whole thing would have been for naught?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe Jerry would be stupid enough to waste a year just to try to squeeze Dak. Who's to say some other team wouldn't just ignore this year and these poorer stats and the whole thing would have been for naught?
Dak got hurt last time and still scored a big deal. Jerry is going to cave regardless. I don't think this has anything to do with lowering Dak's value. It has to do with Stephen's butt puckering at the signing bonus he has to hand out. That's real cash leaving the pockets of the Jones boys and they want to keep it as long as possible.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Worrying it would never return?

Guess he didn't realize at the time that once you're a Jerry Guy, you're made for life.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
If Greg could turn Retard Sam into an 8 sack per year guy, that'd be great. Thx.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I actually think Sam could be an 8 sack guy with the opportunity. The question is how many boneheaded plays are you willing to put up with in the process? Like 8 personal fouls?
Exactly.

I too think that he has the talent and ability to be a good pass rusher. The problem is all the other stuff that's going to come along with it.

You can't fix stupid so he's always going to do the dumb shit that draws penalties.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The way things are officiated these days it's extra brutal. You could get by with a level of crazy and dumb 30 years ago. Now you look at a QB wrong and you get a penalty.
Players get reputations as flag magnets. Look at poor Connor Williams a few years ago. Once that target is on there and it sticks. In Williams’ case though, I think his dumb ass earned every single one of them.

Top Bottom