2024 Combine Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Nah, he's strictly a passer. Wonder how he threw, though...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I view him as a second. I like his feet, they are fast and smooth. He isn't what I'd call a dominant run blocker. Looks more like a hat on a hat kind of guy. But he also holds ground well against a pass rush.

Needs to figure out how to extend his arms better too. Let's guys get too far in his body for my taste.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I view him as a second. I like his feet, they are fast and smooth. He isn't what I'd call a dominant run blocker. Looks more like a hat on a hat kind of guy. But he also holds ground well against a pass rush.

Needs to figure out how to extend his arms better too. Let's guys get too far in his body for my taste.
He'd be a trade down option but we can do better at 24. No chance I'd take him over Fautanu or Barton who both project similarly but are just better players to me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I just started watching this guy but there's no way he should move the way he does with this sort of size.

There's a reason he's a consensus first rounder despite only playing like 600 snaps or so.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Definitely didn't think Fautanu would check in with 34+ inch arms, makes me even more confident that he should be at the very top of the board if available at 24.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Definitely didn't think Fautanu would check in with 34+ inch arms, makes me even more confident that he should be at the very top of the board if available at 24.
It was unexpected for me considering everyone is projecting him inside. To me, that makes him probably the most attractive of the guys that will be around. I just like his attitude.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who besides Thomas? In the first that is.
I would pass if Thomas isn’t around. The class is deep enough that we could get a solid #2 in the second round. I am just tired of taking guys like Cedrick Wilson and Jalen Tolbert, thinking they can elevate themselves.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He'd be a trade down option but we can do better at 24. No chance I'd take him over Fautanu or Barton who both project similarly but are just better players to me.
Two guys who have more of the nasty I want.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I am just tired of taking guys like Cedrick Wilson and Jalen Tolbert, thinking they can elevate themselves.
Speaking of, is he free this year? I still wouldn't mind him as a #4 and I doubt he'd cost much. He already has rapport with Dak which is important.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would pass if Thomas isn’t around. The class is deep enough that we could get a solid #2 in the second round. I am just tired of taking guys like Cedrick Wilson and Jalen Tolbert, thinking they can elevate themselves.
I agree, there are a lot of good WRs in this class. We can actually get a guy with special traits as opposed another all around ok receiver like the Tolberts and Wilson's of the world.

Although I'm on board with Mitchell at 24. Franklin, Worthy or Coleman if any last to our second round pick.

Leggett in the third.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree, there are a lot of good WRs in this class. We can actually get a guy with special traits as opposed another all around ok receiver like the Tolberts and Wilson's of the world.

Although I'm on board with Mitchell at 24. Franklin, Worthy or Coleman if any last to our second round pick.

Leggett in the third.
Coleman’s 40 definitely pushes him down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coleman’s 40 definitely pushes him down.
It does and while I didn't love him in the first, I see traits that with a second I could definitely get on board with.

By the way he posted the fastest speed in the gauntlet and other drills which is interesting. Puca had the same distinction last year. His forty sucked but I'm not going to pretend he is slow either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how many lineman are going top 20?

Alt
Fashanu
Fuaga
Jackson Powers
Fautanu

I mean that's 25% of the top 20 right there. And this is assuming someone doesn't want the Guyton, Mims or Latham types.

Some guys are going to fall. Just can't picture that heavy of a run on Olineman in the first. Figure in another 3 QBs for sure and 4 WRs. This draft is looking really offensive heavy.

Top Bottom