2023 Injuries Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To make matters worse, this is the final year in his contract where they pay him south of $60M.
I assume there are no good outs to the contract. They better pray he becomes the Michael Jordan of football next year or they are kind of screwed.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Yep, he set guaranteed contracts back 10 years. :lol

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Pretty much. It's the problem with an ultra talented college defense. Everyone sort of benefits from everyone else and some guys will just look better than they are because the offense can't focus on anyone. The Eagles just don't scare me. I know they have this great record and they just beat us. But for all their effort to get better, they still look like an overrated and average defense and an offense that needs their QB to run to be successful. If anyone ever figures out the tush push shit, their offense becomes real average real quick.
If you can stop the quick outs that the Eagles run 75% of their pass plays, they can easily be shut down. Their whole offensive scheme is designed around somehow gaining 8 yards between 1st and 3rd down and if it’s favorable, going to the tush push. That’s basically it outside of a Hurts scramble or a lucky long pass to Smith or Brown.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can stop the quick outs that the Eagles run 75% of their pass plays, they can easily be shut down. Their whole offensive scheme is designed around somehow gaining 8 yards between 1st and 3rd down and if it’s favorable, going to the tush push. That’s basically it outside of a Hurts scramble or a lucky long pass to Smith or Brown.
It used to be a lot of run pass option. Hurts can run it and if you play that run, makes for easy passes. They have backed off that a lot because of Hurts injuries which is why their running game is not nearly as potent in my opinion. AJ Brown is an absolute beast. And the tush push is still good for 2 yards every time against us. But I certainly think that offense can be slowed. I'm really surprised no one has figured out the tush push. It's like a damn cheat code but no one does it as well as them. So props to the Eagles for mastering it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Well, our first rounder will be one slot higher next spring when the Bengals lose theirs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not so good for them. Quite tragic to see that kind of misfortune descend upon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom