Williams: TCU DE Stansly Maponga among locals to visit Valley Ranch on Dallas Day

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
TCU DE Stansly Maponga among locals to visit Valley Ranch on Dallas Day

Defensive end Stansly Maponga will be among several TCU players at Dallas Day this week. That’s when the Cowboys work out local prospects who played high school or college football in the DFW area.

Baylor receiver Lanear Sampson, TCU receiver Skye Dawson, TCU offensive lineman Blaize Foltz, TCU tight end Corey Fuller, TCU running back Matthew Tucker and Missouri running back Kendial Lawrence are others expected.

Maponga won’t work out as he had foot surgery last month, soon after TCU’s Pro Day and a private workout for the Falcons. He returned to Indianapolis over the weekend for a medical re-check.

Maponga had a screw placed in the fifth metatarsal of his left foot, the same surgery he had a few years ago on his right foot. He’s already walking and expects to start rehab this week.

“I want to let teams know that I took care of the problem I had,” Maponga said. “I’m going to be 100 percent before camp starts.”

Maponga, who had 22 tackles, including six for loss, 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles last season, not only worked out for the Falcons in Fort Worth, but he visited Atlanta. He has a visit scheduled with New England as well as his trip to Valley Ranch.

“It’s just a blessing to be in this position,” said Maponga, who is projected as a late-round pick. “It’s exciting. The draft is just right around the corner now. …I’m ready to find out where I’m going.”

-- Charean Williams

Top Bottom