Why rooting for the Cowboys to lose with Jason Garrett’s future in mind is just silly

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Even if we sneak in the postseason back door, we'll be thoroughly crushed immediately. That's why I'm not concerned about Garret's return.
I know it's shallow to think like this. But I'm hoping we bottom out simply for better draft picks.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I wonder if Colishaw reads the forums....if he does, hopefully he's getting a lot of "fuck off, Timmy" throwback.

This season is toast. Wishing and hoping that Dallas somehow wins 3 out of the next 4 games is useless- this team hasn't beat anyone worthwhile and isn't going to flip a switch and beat playoff teams if they miraculously somehow get to the postseason.

I root for them to lose so that A- we get rid of Garrett. B- We get a decent (hopefully) coach. C- The new coach gets a good draft pick to help lay the groundwork for a better team.

This merry go round has to stop.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Why "jeri"? It makes no sense.
I've already explained this here to someone else

But just for you Booze:

I take pleasure in using every opportunity to insult him and yes I know he'll never read my posts, just consider it the fan(atic) in me, I'm committed!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Weird article considering 1) he's been one of the few to say Fire Garrett for a few years now and 2) he knows Jerry is crazy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've already explained this here to someone else

But just for you Booze:

I take pleasure in using every opportunity to insult him and yes I know he'll never read my posts, just consider it the fan(atic) in me, I'm committed!
This also makes no fucking sense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Weird article considering 1) he's been one of the few to say Fire Garrett for a few years now and 2) he knows Jerry is crazy.
It was kind of weird. Like he was bribed so they could sell more tickets to those fans who "want to go along with the ride".

I just want to take a second to explain how much I fucking hate that phrase.

"Enjoy the ride". I hear fans say that. Especially the homers.

Ever been through a water ride which was fun? Woo. Wee. And depending on your position in the boat, you might have gotten away somewhat dry? But at the very end there is a final blast of water that guarantees you are doused?

It sucks at the end.

But hey, you thought the ups and downs were kinda cool, right?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
People were hoping for a bad Thanksgiving Day loss because Garrett would get the boot. He still didn't get the boot. We just all didn't get any enjoyable football on Thanksgiving.
I didn't expect Garrett to be fired if we lost to the Bills. Just like I don't expect him to be fired if we lose to the Bears tonight. But saying that, I still wanted to lose on Thanksgiving (and tonight) just because I knew it would tip the scales a little more in favor of him being gone at the end of the season. And I still enjoyed football on Thanksgiving, because I could imagine just that happening.

What I don't want is a strong finish to the season, giving Jerry false hope that maybe... Just MAYBE Garrett can eventually figure out how to win. I want Jerry pissed all the way to the end of the season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If that bothers you then .....

j/k

I wont use it. Its all his.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If that bothers you then .....

j/k

I wont use it. Its all his.
There is always the option of sacrificial ban which has not been invoked in a long time.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Top Bottom