What would you do?

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
The Cowboys are a listless ship, the franchise is smoked, ashes float all over on the season.

What would you like to see happen and what would your reasonable solutions be?

Reasonable solutions please. This isnt Madden

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Tank. I would be willing to trade Anyone not named Lamb, Martin, Biadasz, Gallup, LVE, or Diggs. Sign Akron Smith to an extension draft defense heavy next year. Unless you can get good value for Dak and get Lawrence(don’t see this part happening)

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Yeah, it is time for a baseball type fire sale if that is possible in the NFL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Full on boycott from the fans. It's the only way to fix this.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Full on boycott from the fans. It's the only way to fix this.
By the way, have you seen the new art Gene picked out? Stop by the Proshop in stadium after and get you something.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
1. I'd fire Mike Nolan ASAP. Yeah the players aren't that good but players who have quit only compounds the problem and clearly the Cowboys have quit. Get a new voice in there....someone who the players will fight for then go from there.

2. Fire Kellen Moore after the season. I've seen enough to realize that he's only as good as the QB talent he has to work with. When you lose your starting QB, a drop off in production is completely understandable. What's not understandable is for your unit to loo completely listless without said starter. Kellen Moore made two fairly ordinary Redskin and Cardinal defenses look like the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens. I turned the game off early in the 2nd quarter.....did the Cowboys even attempt a pass beyond 15 yards down field? What I saw in the 1st quarter was embarrassing grade school level play calling on Moore's part. Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have succeeded with that conservative game plan.

3. Mike McCarthy has to be put on notice. Put some real effort into finding capable assistant coaches or he needs to be shown the door. Honestly I'd have no problem if he were one and done. He's the one who chose to piss away this second chance at life in the NFL by hiring an out of touch coaching relic like Mike Nolan. You reap what you sow. So if this historically bad defense costs him his job, he'd have no one to blame but himself.

4. The Cowboys have quite a few bad contracts but unfortunately we're stuck with most of the overpaid underperformers for another couple of years. Crawford is gone after this year so that should free up a little money. I'd sign Dak to the 3 or 4 year contract that he covets. That'll buy us more cap flexibility than franchise tagging him.

5. Go all out on improving the defense. The talent gap between the offense and defense is massive. Improving the DL should be the #1 focus. Safety is priority #2, IMO. Obviously there are too many holes to fill with one draft so this will require the Cowboys to actually open their wallet and pursue quality free agents.

6. Going back to point #4, I'd call around and see if there are any takers for any of these bad contracts. I doubt it but it doesn't hurt to make the calls. Ideally I'd like to move off of Zeke, Tank Lawrence, Tyron Smith, and Amari Cooper's deals. Of those four, I could maybe, see Tyron Smith drawing the most interest. He's nearing the end of his deal and could be a steal for a Tackle starved team with playoff aspirations. I think the price tags on the other 3 is too high for any other team to accept. Because not only would a team have to un-ass draft picks for them, they'd also have to pay them. IMO, the Cowboys would willingly have to take less than market value to unload those players. I.e., trading Zeke for 3rd and 4th round picks.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't think we could trade Zeke for a 3rd rounder, straight up.
With his contract? Prob not. Plus he's just a rb. Only idiots pay rb's

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Since no one here is down for Trevor Lawrence, I say we do what we have to do to stockpile draft picks. That defense and O line is incredibly terrible. Definitely gonna be an outright rebuild in many areas outside the offensive skill positions. If there's any way to get anything decent for Zeke, you jump on it.

data

Forbes #1
We wouldn't even trade Martellus Bennett for a late 1st...we ain't trading any of our existing players.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Since no one here is down for Trevor Lawrence, I say we do what we have to do to stockpile draft picks. That defense and O line is incredibly terrible. Definitely gonna be an outright rebuild in many areas outside the offensive skill positions. If there's any way to get anything decent for Zeke, you jump on it.
I think there are quite a few for Lawrence but I think most believe its going to be almost impossible to unseat the Jets for that pick. Then you are talking about trading up and with so many holes it doesnt make much sense.

Top Bottom