What on earth happened to the Cowboys offense and Dak Prescott? Decoding Kellen Moore

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I remember him hobbling around and us completely unable to generate the slightest bit of pressure.
I wanna see
Parsons level his ass for all the suffering we’ve done at his hands.
Probably the most irritating loss next to the catch for me as a fan. Beaten by a One legged Rodgers.

UncleMilti

Staff member
He’s correct.
Wow…I’d rather hear our QB is injured and that’s why he’s not playing well, instead of hearing our QB is one dimensional and probably can’t win a SB without a running game and really good players around him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow…I’d rather hear our QB is injured and that’s why he’s not playing well, instead of hearing our QB is one dimensional and probably can’t win a SB without a running game and really good players around him.
I think that's probably true of 95% of QBs in this league.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think that's a bit of an over-generalization but he basically described Troy Aikman.
And another guy he coached, Dan Marino. He should have got him a running game.

And no... I'm not comparing Marino and Dak. Relax.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Ask yourself how many QBs in this league can carry a team, and then reassess your statement.
It depends on what you mean by carrying a team. Is it a QB who can carry a team with a so so running game and good players, or some version of those 2 things?
I’m reading from Jimmy that Dak needs both a dominant running game, as he referenced the early season running game, AND really good players in order to be successful. That’s a lot of needs to be successful. I don’t for a minute believe 95% of the QBs in this league need what Jimmy stated in order to win a SB.
75%, yeah I could believe that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Better watch out Jimmy, your retarded opinion might not go over well around here. :lol
I never said anybody's opinion was retarded. Only some of the things said to support it.

I also never named any names. Feeling guilty, Unk? :lol

UncleMilti

Staff member
I never said anybody's opinion was retarded. Only some of the things said to support it.

I also never named any names. Feeling guilty, Unk? :lol
No not at all, was basically saying we have a lot of retarded opinions here, mine included. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Probably the most irritating loss next to the catch for me as a fan. Beaten by a One legged Rodgers.
I think the Rodgers to Cook one was almost as bad. We had that fucker. All Jeff Heath had to do is go for the ball instead of drilling the shit out of him.

But yeah, Murray's fumble and the no call on Cobb beat us just as much as he did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And another guy he coached, Dan Marino. He should have got him a running game.

And no... I'm not comparing Marino and Dak. Relax.
That is right and what did his ass do? Draft some kid named Adbul-Jabbar.

Jimmy could draft defense and play the strategy with the draft but most of his offense picks were not that great. Even he didn't want Emmitt Smith.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I think the Rodgers to Cook one was almost as bad. We had that fucker. All Jeff Heath had to do is go for the ball instead of drilling the shit out of him.

But yeah, Murray's fumble and the no call on Cobb beat us just as much as he did.
Seriously am I the only one who sees that bastard on Sunday and think…”how the F did we lose to you on a gimp leg, fuck you…and your gay hairdoo”

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It depends on what you mean by carrying a team. Is it a QB who can carry a team with a so so running game and good players, or some version of those 2 things?
I’m reading from Jimmy that Dak needs both a dominant running game, as he referenced the early season running game, AND really good players in order to be successful. That’s a lot of needs to be successful. I don’t for a minute believe 95% of the QBs in this league need what Jimmy stated in order to win a SB.
Cool, then 75%. That puts Dak in the top 8 QBs in the league. I'll take it and walk away smiling knowing I only gave up a 4th to get him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Johnson has never been that guy that built his offense around a kick ass QB. He had the Vinnies and the Steve Walshes. I don't think he especially appreciated an alpha QB which is why his relationship with Aikman was icy.

What he said here is basically pretty accurate. Look at Prescott when they tried that idiotic horseshit before acquiring Amari Cooper.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seriously am I the only one who sees that bastard on Sunday and think…”how the F did we lose to you on a gimp leg, fuck you…and your gay hairdoo”

:unsure
That is like the inside of my head on repeat, but I call him more filthy names. If there is one fucking guy I want to suffer in this league, it is him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We'd been shopping Texaco for pass rushers back then.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Johnson has never been that guy that built his offense around a kick ass QB. He had the Vinnies and the Steve Walshes. I don't think he especially appreciated an alpha QB which is why his relationship with Aikman was icy.

What he said here is basically pretty accurate. Look at Prescott when they tried that idiotic horseshit before acquiring Amari Cooper.
Well that was kinda my point. To have another Zeke type RB in his prime, and all the current talent at WR for the duration of Daks career is a pipe dream. Dak is gonna have to carry this team at some point. Jimmy doesn’t seem to think he can. You can be the best leader in the world, but that doesn’t necessarily win SB’s.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well that was kinda my point. To have another Zeke type RB in his prime, and all the current talent at WR for the duration of Daks career is a pipe dream. Dak is gonna have to carry this team at some point. Jimmy doesn’t seem to think he can. You can be the best leader in the world, but that doesn’t necessarily win SB’s.
Our defense also sucked complete ass, while Zeke was rolling. And he hasn't even been near his old self the last couple years.

Top Bottom