Von Miller Traded To Rams

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is what I'm saying.

They're going to be in really bad shape in basically 2 years time once they're paying Stafford 40/year. They literally haven't made a 1st round pick since 2016, their roster is very top heavy and they're about to lose their best OL/LT in Whitworth because he's like fucking 41 or something.

Add that on to the fact that their elite talents like Donald, Kupp and Ramsey will be 30+ by the time they extend Stafford and they're going to have very little young ascending young talent who can replace them as the foundation of the roster.

It's all worth it if they win a Super Bowl of course, but if they don't it's going to take years to rebuild back to an elite level.

data

Forbes #1
This is what I'm saying.

They're going to be in really bad shape in basically 2 years time once they're paying Stafford 40/year. They literally haven't made a 1st round pick since 2016, their roster is very top heavy and they're about to lose their best OL/LT in Whitworth because he's like fucking 41 or something.

Add that on to the fact that their elite talents like Donald, Kupp and Ramsey will be 30+ by the time they extend Stafford and they're going to have very little young ascending young talent who can replace them as the foundation of the roster.

It's all worth it if they win a Super Bowl of course, but if they don't it's going to take years to rebuild back to an elite level.
Jerruh will be in this mode in about 13 years.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yep, all good if they end up with a Lombardi to show for it, but only then.

Once they realized Goff sucks and Gurley was done, it almost forced them to use trades to build around Aaron Donald and to a lesser degree Whitworth.

Donald's reliance on quickness means he has limited elite game left.

So they mortgaged the future for Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller.

I have the Rams' defense on my fantasy team, so cool by me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe I am just a draft pick whore, but who the fuck gives up two premium picks for a half season rental?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I've never seen an NFL team give less shit about draft picks. Just don't see how that can work very long.
It can't, they're pushing their chips all in. They know they don't have the young players to be able to keep competing so they pretty much have to win this year to make it all worth it

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Saints traded every pick they had in that draft for Williams, even their 6th and 7th rounders, plus a first and third the next year. How much value could that 6th and 7th possibly have had in terms of swaying the Redskins to pull the trigger? You ever get the sense that they threw those 6th and 7th rounders in there just for the headlines? "We paid everything we had for this guy!"

Like, were the Redskins gonna say no to the trade if it was just a first, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, future first and future third? No way man, we aren't doing the deal unless you include this year's 7th!

Top Bottom