Von Miller Traded To Rams

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If they don't win it all this year they're going to be up shit's creek.

On one hand, Miller/Donald/Floyd could be unbelievably scary, on the other Miller is a UFA after this year, they more or less don't pick until the 4th next year, will be losing their best OL in Whitworth, and will have to pay Stafford 40+/year starting in 2023.

If they don't win it all before having to pay Stafford, after basically trading all of their top picks for the last 3 years, they're going to crater.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That almost never works out.

Feels like an overpay also.
I always feel like I'm on an island in not liking these moves. Not saying there's never a place for them, but for the most part it seems like the "all-in" trades rarely work. They just feel great at the moment.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It makes sense from the perspective that they're going to be completely fucked unless they win it all before having to extend Stafford.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
One thing you can't deny... the Rams are all in for this year. We will see if it pans out for them.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Throw in Reggie White who’s has the most sacks in history since he entered the league (1985) and you’ve got an equally irrelevant stat

Exactly.

It's like, if we signed Jerry Rice today, you could say, Wow, the Cowboys just added the career leader in every WR statistical category to Cooper and Lamb? They're going to be even more unstoppable.

But they wouldn't be signing that Jerry Rice. That guy doesn't exist today.

The Von Miller who put up those numbers doesn't exist today.

Probably still an 8 sack guy so he's still solid, but they didn't just trade for an all timer. He's not that guy anymore.

Top Bottom