Von Miller says Broncos players fine each other for flatulence

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Von Miller says Broncos players fine each other for flatulence ... and he's the most frequent offender
June 4, 2015

By Patrick Dorsey | ESPN.com

The NFL and its teams are known to be rather strict.

But if Von Miller's claims are true, the players themselves can be downright draconian. Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post describes a fine system devised by the players:

Wait, what? Look, it's not great to let it go in confined spaces, but isn't the shame of committing a social faux pas enough?

Miller elaborated:

Miller is right! Although a cursory search turns up no scientific studies on such a thing, physicians from the University of Copenhagen, via the New Zealand Medical Journal, said the following in 2013, according to the University of California, Berkeley's Wellness website:

"Holding in gas can cause bloating, indigestion, heartburn and, sometimes, even pain, they noted. Intestinal distension resulting from trapped gas may also increase blood pressure and heart rate. Then there's the mental stress of trying to keep the gas from escaping. The doctors' advice: Just let it go."

You see that, Broncos players? Your policies are endangering your own health! Add to this the possibility of wrongful accusations, and it's a wonder this team hasn't fallen apart.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Now we are going to have a seperate fart thread. If that doesn't prove acceptable discrimmination bias nothing will.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not even sure why someone wrote an article about this nonsense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not even sure why someone wrote an article about this nonsense.
It's been posted by like 3 major sports outlets on Twitter. I just thought it was mildly amusing, and because I was bored as shit at work.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been posted by like 3 major sports outlets on Twitter. I just thought it was mildly amusing, and because I was bored as shit at work.
I think I heard it on NFL radio in my car too. I guess this is the epitome of the drags of off season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can picture him ripping one off and getting a stern stare from Fat Wade while Ware giggles like a 4 year old.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
somehow that feels backwards. I picture fat Wade giggling like a four year old.

Top Bottom