Vikings Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
NOw that’s kinda generous I’d say. We give up lots of passing yards and are down yet another interior dlineman. Dalvin made us look pretty foolish last time we met. Improved yes, but still with flaws and weaknesses.
We are exponentially better than last year. That's not heaping praise on our defense this year. It's remembering just how historically bad we were last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

So, Collins could start at RT this week looks like.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Tyron not a lock to go either.

ZeroClub

UFA
Statistics say that the Vikings' main weakness on defense is the running game. The Cowboys are likely to ground and pound no matter who is QB.
Probably more of it with Rush, though.

Last edited:

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Well perhaps if he does start and sucks, we can go ahead and get ourselves a real backup QB via trade.

Not much out there, but I would trade a late rounder for Nick Foles. He is better than this.

I'd feel pretty damn comfortable with Foles. This is his kinda role.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd feel pretty damn comfortable with Foles. This is his kinda role.
Bad thing is the contract. Unless the Bears eat a lot of it somehow, it is not in the cards.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's not an automatic loss if Rush plays. Is it optimal? No. Of course not. But ride the running game and mix in some shorter routes, along with play action, and we can still move the ball.
My concern is our defense will probably give up at least 25 to a pretty good Vikings offense. I don't have confidence that a Cooper Rush led offense can hit 25 in a game.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
My concern is our defense will probably give up at least 25 to a pretty good Vikings offense. I don't have confidence that a Cooper Rush led offense can hit 25 in a game.

Unless Rush plays out of his mind, we're going to need 180+ rushing yards in order to shorten the game and keep them off the field as much as possible.

ZeroClub

UFA
Unless Rush plays out of his mind, we're going to need 180+ rushing yards in order to shorten the game and keep them off the field as much as possible.
It'll be fun to see how Kellen Moore approaches this. I have to believe we'll see more heavy formations (extra linemen) and they'll pound it with the running game.
The problem with heavily emphasizing the running game is that it's difficult to avoid penalties on drives consisting of many plays. Even if the defense can't stop you, the penalties can.
But, under the circumstances, choices are limited.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It does not appear they are going to make the game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Marjorie Gaylor Queen"?

Top Bottom