Vikings Stuff...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Play Dak until he can't go.
Completely retarded. If he's not ready, why would you risk sinking the whole season? Better to take our chances with him out and taking a loss now than to further injure the leg and lose him for longer. Possibly the rest of the season if there's a tear.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My hot take of the week, and Booze is going to crucify me for this...

I think Moore can win this game with Rush at QB. There, I said it.
You are delusional. He was horrible with the likes of Dalton and Gilbert last year. Granted we have a healthy OL but Rush simply isn't a capable NFL QB.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You are delusional. He was horrible with the likes of Dalton and Gilbert last year. Granted we have a healthy OL but Rush simply isn't a capable NFL QB.
It's not an automatic loss if Rush plays. Is it optimal? No. Of course not. But ride the running game and mix in some shorter routes, along with play action, and we can still move the ball.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The healthy OL part is massive, though. Having an exponentially better defense is a massive difference, as well. Moore can dink and dunk with Rush if he has to.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's not an automatic loss if Rush plays. Is it optimal? No. Of course not. But ride the running game and mix in some shorter routes, along with play action, and we can still move the ball.
Yep.

data

Forbes #1
Throw in two Bones Specials and we got a shot

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Only thing is, is one more week going to make that much difference? Do you keep holding him out? What if it doesn't and this is just something you have to live with and manage all year? You just hate to throw away any more games than you have to.

But this is why I wish we had a decent backup QB . I don't understand not even trying for one.

data

Forbes #1
We have a four-game division lead, probably more since we still have four division games left

Resting Dak and you’re risking #1 and #2 seed.

Pushing Dak and you’re risking everything

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

If Rush plays I would count on our points scored at about 16 or so. We'd have lean heavily on a running game and short passes.

I doubt the defense holds them to that score, which would make it very difficult to win.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I think that's exactly what we'd have to do, and I think we might move the ball some.

But the issue that would worry me is whether we can get into the end zone with Rush, because I doubt we'd generate a lot of big plays off of that formula. Which means we'd have to score from the red zone, and even under Dak this offense has struggled to do that consistently.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
With Arizona losing their first game, we can’t afford to lose winnable games.

If Dak has to miss the game, and I think he should if he’s still not 100%, this has the potential to be the game that screws us out of a bye and HFA.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Having an exponentially better defense is a massive difference, as well.
NOw that’s kinda generous I’d say. We give up lots of passing yards and are down yet another interior dlineman. Dalvin made us look pretty foolish last time we met. Improved yes, but still with flaws and weaknesses.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
My hot take of the week, and Booze is going to crucify me for this...

I think Moore can win this game with Rush at QB. There, I said it.
If he can’t at least make a showing of it then they better find another QB. Almost two weeks to prepare behind an Oline that is playing well, stud receivers, good running game, and a defense that gives you a chance to win.

Top Bottom