Vikings Stuff...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Saw Dak practice clips on about three different shows on three different TVs at lunch today and he looked totally normal to me. Wouldn't even know there was a problem if not for all the hoopla.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Saw Dak practice clips on about three different shows on three different TVs at lunch today and he looked totally normal to me. Wouldn't even know there was a problem if not for all the hoopla.
It reminds me of all the pointless handwringing and fear-mongering that was going on with his preseason shoulder issue.

Listening to ESPN in August, you'd think his right arm was in danger of being amputated.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It reminds me of all the pointless handwringing and fear-mongering that was going on with his preseason shoulder issue.

Listening to ESPN in August, you'd think his right arm was in danger of being amputated.
What what is cute is that there are little barbs from McCarthy and even Prescott adding a little drama of his own.

I even like how they basically have set an "announcement" time for Saturday.

Got that damn relevance train rolling.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I did think it was interesting that Jerry was asked on his show how his concern level over this was compared to his concern about the shoulder and he said it wasn't even close.

So either this is nothing or they really dodged a bullet on the shoulder. I'm betting it's the latter.

ZeroClub

UFA
I assume that Dak will play and that this story has been blown out of proportion (by a lazy media, fueled by a team that's playing coy).

It is easier for all concerned to talk about Dak's calf than, say, the red zone offense, Collins' mistakes and status, etc.

Although I find the calf talk boring, if avoiding other topics makes things easier for the team, I'm o.k. with it.

I wouldn't think the Vikings are blowing much time preparing for Cooper Rush, but I could be wrong..

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
From the way Moore was talking this morning, it sounds like a real possibility he won't play. I guess Dak was talking about how if it were late in the year he'd definitely play but they have a lot of games left. But it's confusing because Moore said Dak looked totally fine and the receivers said they couldn't even tell anything was wrong with him.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If Rush plays, better make them about a 17 point favorite.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My hot take of the week, and Booze is going to crucify me for this...

I think Moore can win this game with Rush at QB. There, I said it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
My hot take of the week, and Booze is going to crucify me for this...

I think Moore can win this game with Rush at QB. There, I said it.
We won with Dalton at QB last year with a worse defense.

But Moore can't make Rush throw the ball well.

Cotton

Staff member
Play Dak until he can't go.
I don't agree with that. I would MUCH rather him be available on the stretch run than risk losing him against a 3-3 Vikings team. If you have any doubt he can't go, you rest him and make sure you have him later in the year.

Cotton

Staff member
We won with Dalton at QB last year with a worse defense.

But Moore can't make Rush throw the ball well.
He can design the gameplan to account for it, though. Short passes and screens have been working really well for us this year. Rush can at least do that. Couple in a strong run game, and I can see us winning this game without Dak.

Cotton

Staff member

That didn't last long.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom