Vikings Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bulletin board materiel is only effective if you have the players that can rise to the occasion.
Cousins got called out several times this year and rose to the occasion each time. So there is that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Cousins got called out several times this year and rose to the occasion each time. So there is that.
Expanding on Dak saying we have the talent to beat any team, we also have the lack of heart to lose to any team. As evidenced by the loss to the fucking 1-7 Jets

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As you love to say to disparage Aikman, it's a team game. You can't have it both ways now.
I don't disparage Aikman, I simply do not think he is the best position player at quarterback that has played for the Cowboys. He was fortunate to have an exceptional team around him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't disparage Aikman, I simply do not think he is the best position player at quarterback that has played for the Cowboys. He was fortunate to have an exceptional team around him.
Danny White was better than Romo

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
he went further in the playoffs for sure. Plus, he was the gd punter.
To be fair, White had waaaaaay better coaching most of his career.

Romo might have won super bowls if he had prime Landry as his coach.

And I love Danny White, I think he is very underrated. I think Romo and White were pretty much on par with each other. Meredith probably was in the tier also but I never saw him play.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
To be fair, White had waaaaaay better coaching most of his career.

Romo might have won super bowls if he had prime Landry as his coach.

And I love Danny White, I think he is very underrated. I think Romo and White were pretty much on par with each other. Meredith probably was in the tier also but I never saw him play.
All of this is true and I think some don’t really understand what my position on Romo is. I am viewing the position of Quarterback and those who has occupied it. Take away the rest of the team and what the ream accomplished with playoffs and SuperBowls etc. just compare what the Quarterback accomplished as an individual at that position compared to others.
if Romo was plugged into any of the other Cowboys team I think he would have been able to do the same or just looking at the individual performances only and what they contributed to the team and Romo accomplished more as an individual in the position. I’m just judging the position performance and I think the individual stats will bear it out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I like Romo as much as anyone, but Aikman, Staubach and White would have put up at least the same stats if not better with today’s rules.
Maybe but the only one that did was Romo.

Top Bottom