Urban Meyer Fired

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I know you can't do this anymore (and probably never should have), and there's nothing likable about Meyer, but come on... it is kind of funny to think about him kicking the kicker during stretching and saying, "Hey dipshit, make your fucking kicks." :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This guy is Exhibit 1 fucking A why you don't hire college coaches in the NFL, especially scumbag slick recruiter types who rely on "out-talenting" everyone.

Someone like Rhule could make it because of his ethos and the fact that he was more of a development focused HC who won in college using an NFL type of style (although ultimately if I had to guess he'll just end up being average and back in college after 4 years).

But these celebrity college coach types who are used to just flashing a smile and their championship ring to fill whatever roster holes they have every year with multiple top 50 recruits will never work in the NFL.

Lincoln Riley falls in that group for sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This guy is Exhibit 1 fucking A why you don't hire college coaches in the NFL, especially scumbag slick recruiter types who rely on "out-talenting" everyone.

Someone like Rhule could make it because of his ethos and the fact that he was more of a development focused HC who won in college using an NFL type of style (although ultimately if I had to guess he'll just end up being average and back in college after 4 years).

But these celebrity college coach types who are used to just flashing a smile and their championship ring to fill whatever roster holes they have every year with multiple top 50 recruits will never work in the NFL.

Lincoln Riley falls in that group for sure.
What about Kingsbury...

But yeah I'm just not sure Meyer ever wanted to really be there. He looked like he was miserable and the guy was basically never used to losing. Kind of sad how badly it went but it was miserable for everyone so probably best to move on.

The Jags should go out and hire the dude who helped Josh Allen develop because that guy would know how to use Lawrence's talent and being out the best in him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Considering how he went all scorched earth with his stupidity and obvious wanting out, this guy should be someone nobody would want in their organization again.

But he'll get another chance in college. One thing both NFL and College programs have is a short memory when it comes to coaches that have won in the past. Pretty much anything short of murder is forgivable if they think they can win.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Considering how he went all scorched earth with his stupidity and obvious wanting out, this guy should be someone nobody would want in their organization again.

But he'll get another chance in college. One thing both NFL and College programs have is a short memory when it comes to coaches that have won in the past. Pretty much anything short of murder is forgivable if they think they can win.
I mean let's be real. A school like FSU for example would still jump at a chance for a guy like Meyer. He could help take them back to what they used to be and haven't been in a long time.

I'm not sure Meyer really wants to coach right now though. Probably best to take a couple years off and if he wants to coach again resurface at that point. Right now he doesn't have the passion for it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see him in Austin ... soon.
Yep, another school with all the ability to pull elite talent but still sucks dick. Meyer will never go to a Illinois or something like that. He will go to a team where he can have top ranked recruiting classes and win quickly again.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What about Kingsbury...

But yeah I'm just not sure Meyer ever wanted to really be there. He looked like he was miserable and the guy was basically never used to losing. Kind of sad how badly it went but it was miserable for everyone so probably best to move on.

The Jags should go out and hire the dude who helped Josh Allen develop because that guy would know how to use Lawrence's talent and being out the best in him.
Kingsbury is a weird one because he never really had top-tier talent in college, he wasn't pulling in 7 5-stars a year, but he also didn't win much. I'm surprised by his success although I'm still kind of waiting for it all to fall apart.

I also feel like he's kind of just a glorified OC and the offense is basically just running off of Murray's improvisational skills and the fact that Houston stupidly gave them Hopkins for basically nothing. Vance Joseph was a hot HC candidate for a while, and was the HC in Denver for a bit, and it feels like he's just doing his own thing over there.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He is more seasoned than Moore. Arians started grooming him in Arizona.
And he has won a SB, too, so yeah I suppose you are correct.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Will be interesting to see if they fired him for cause, meaning no money. He'd probably take less money just to escape the situation.

Top Bottom