TV Thread

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's a little Breaking Bad like role for him again but it's like Breaking Bad with a judge. I like it.
the tension created feels alot like BB. I can see why its a limited/mini series. Would be hard to sustain for very long.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
the tension created feels alot like BB. I can see why its a limited/mini series. Would be hard to sustain for very long.
Cranston just does so good as a evil genius/ bumbling idiot good guy all in one package.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Closing scene of the last episode, season 3. Ozark.

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Did not see that coming.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Did not see that coming.
Yep. That was out of the blue.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Did not see that coming.
It scared me when I thought they weren't going to renew the show.

That would have been a horrible way to end it without closure to that.

p1_

DCC 4Life
nothing on Ozark surprised me. Something had to give.

D

Deuce

It's a little campy and cheesy, but that is why I love it. I really like seeing things from Johnny Lawrence's perspective, especially the flashbacks to when they were teenagers.

I haven't started season 3 yet, but will as soon as I'm done with Ozark.
The flashbacks are the best part. You never noticed it when watching the movies originally, but Johnny legitimately looks like he’s the victim in many scenes. It’s cleverly done.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The real issue I have so far is that some of the casting choices are horrible.
Damnit...I was hoping it wasn't as bad as you implied but just watched the first 3 episodes and this shit just kept getting worse. I'm giving up on it. Just another King story they butchered

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damnit...I was hoping it wasn't as bad as you implied but just watched the first 3 episodes and this shit just kept getting worse. I'm giving up on it. Just another King story they butchered
That's disappointing to say the least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to do the audio book instead now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm going to do the audio book instead now.
All I can tell you is that you should always read/listen etc. to the book and never depend on a movie adaptation to tell the same story.

Maybe the IT movies came close, but everything else is not exactly on point.

D

Deuce

It took me a while, but I’ve been watching Good Omens on Prime. Very good. It’s short, but great casting, and funny despite the topic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All I can tell you is that you should always read/listen etc. to the book and never depend on a movie adaptation to tell the same story.

Maybe the IT movies came close, but everything else is not exactly on point.
Yeah I do audiobooks while I drive for work from court to court. Helps pass the time and it's actually really enjoyable to do even though it sounds kind of lame.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I do audiobooks while I drive for work from court to court. Helps pass the time and it's actually really enjoyable to do even though it sounds kind of lame.
Have you never read the book? If so it's definitely a great read/listen.

Top Bottom