TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching the new "Stand".

So far, inferior to the network version.

I loved the book, liked the network adaptation.

Not sure if I like this one. The casting is kind of odd in spots.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Watching the new "Stand".

So far, inferior to the network version.

I loved the book, liked the network adaptation.

Not sure if I like this one. The casting is kind of odd in spots.
Was waiting for a few episodes to be out before I started this, hopefully it gets better as I loved the book and first tv version too

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Was waiting for a few episodes to be out before I started this, hopefully it gets better as I loved the book and first tv version too
The real issue I have so far is that some of the casting choices are horrible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Vikings has been moved to Prime Video. The entire last season is now available.

Just watched the first episode, and OMFG.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Haven't read through this thread to see if this has been mentioned, but has anybody watched Ozark on Netflix? I'm halfway into season 2. Very good.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Haven't read through this thread to see if this has been mentioned, but has anybody watched Ozark on Netflix? I'm halfway into season 2. Very good.
It is an amazing show. Keep watching.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I watch. There is only going to be one more season but its very good.

D

Deuce

I just looked it up and it says Netflix confirmed there will be an expanded 14 episode 4th and final season.
Good to hear. I loved seasons 1 and 2, but have neglected to watch the 3rd because I thought it was going to end abruptly after it. I’ll check it out now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Vikings has been moved to Prime Video. The entire last season is now available.

Just watched the first episode, and OMFG./
Is this a new season?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I finally jumped into Cobra Kai today. Great show!!!

I binge watched season 1 in its entirety this afternoon, something I normally never do. I'm not a binge watch kind of person, I usually prefer to watch a few episodes at a time, but I didn't have anything to do today and the storyline had me hooked. Before I knew it I was 6 episodes in and decided to go ahead and finish it out.

Hawk's my favorite supporting character. I know they tried to spin him into a villain but I still root for the guy. At the karate tournament when he ripped off his karate gi and "flapped" the hawk wings on his back I stood up and cheered in my living room. It was one of the most inspiring moment of the season, IMO.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I finally jumped into Cobra Kai today. Great show!!!

I binge watched season 1 in its entirety this afternoon, something I normally never do. I'm not a binge watch kind of person, I usually prefer to watch a few episodes at a time, but I didn't have anything to do today and the storyline had me hooked. Before I knew it I was 6 episodes in and decided to go ahead and finish it out.

Hawk's my favorite supporting character. I know they tried to spin him into a villain but I still root for the guy. At the karate tournament when he ripped off his karate gi and "flapped" the hawk wings on his back I stood up and cheered in my living room. It was one of the most inspiring moment of the season, IMO.
It's a little campy and cheesy, but that is why I love it. I really like seeing things from Johnny Lawrence's perspective, especially the flashbacks to when they were teenagers.

I haven't started season 3 yet, but will as soon as I'm done with Ozark.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's a little campy and cheesy, but that is why I love it. I really like seeing things from Johnny Lawrence's perspective, especially the flashbacks to when they were teenagers.
That's pretty much why I like it as well. I also love how the roles of Johnny and Daniel have essentially been reversed from the first Karate Kid.

Maybe it changes once I get into season 2 but I didn't think there was a villain in season 1. Johnny is rough around the edges but generally you can tell he's a good dude who means well. Honestly IMO, Daniel came off as more of douche but even he wasn't a "bad guy" per se.

Top Bottom