Troy Vincent says gay teammates were known, not a problem

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Troy Vincent says gay teammates were known, not a problem

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 27, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT

In his new role with the NFL, former cornerback Troy Vincent is trying to help build on the new emphasis on respect.

But he said that in terms of accepting gay teammates, the locker rooms he’s been in were never a problem.

Vincent, the league’s newly hired executive vice president of football operations said he had at least six openly gay teammates during his career.

“I’m not going to share their names, but in my 15 years, there were six individuals who were at least openly gay in the locker room,” Vincent said, via Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post. “No problem. From my days in Miami until I ended in Washington, they were just my teammates. Just like my family members, . . . We ate together, we flew together, they’re roommates in hotel rooms. It was what it was.”

Of course, his setting in Miami made it even more topical, considering the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin saga that became a bigger story than anything the Dolphins did on the field last year.

But Vincent was confident the Dolphins would adjust, just as the league as a whole will be forced to when Michael Sam is drafted.
----------------

Makes perfect sense now...

http://www.outsports.com/2013/11/22/5126880/shawn-andrews-philadelphia-eagles-gay-rumors-donovan-mcnabb

Top Bottom