Troy had some doozies on todays Troy Aikman Show-full show posted here

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
You can tell he's as frustrated with Jerry, et al as many of us. He talks about what he feels the problem has been the last 20+ years, thinks things have just gotten worse and its refreshing to hear.

Heres the full show (expresses his exasperation around the 5 minute mark):

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Get it, Troy! :towel

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It seems like it truly matters to Troy.

He's my pie-in-the-sky GM hopeful.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

you can really hear it when he sighs after pontificating what the issue has been for so long, he sounds just as frustrated as me when I ponder this subject

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Last year we were 3-5 and he said the whole organization had to be "blown up." We then went on a 7-1 run. That's why Jerry won't give a damn what Troy thinks.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Last year we were 3-5 and he said the whole organization had to be "blown up." We then went on a 7-1 run. That's why Jerry won't give a damn what Troy thinks.

That was before the trade. Jerry won't acknowledge that but I don't think Troy was wrong in saying that at the time. Hell he might still be right.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
:lol at "thats why" but it is in jeri's wheelhouse to be a "results oriented" "thinker"

Troy was as right then as he is now, nothing can overcome the organizational albatross to winning jeri has constructed and one playoff win last year doesnt change that

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I don't think the Joneses would ever ask him, and I don't think he would if asked. He's said on the Ticket he could see GMing for some other organization, not here.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't think the Joneses would ever ask him, and I don't think he would if asked. He's said on the Ticket he could see GMing for some other organization, not here.
I don't suspect it would ever happen just because of how matter of fact Troy has been when discussing the issues that plague the Cowboys.

He knows that it is because of Jerry's insistence of being the face of everything Cowboys that the team has not been back to the Super Bowl since 95.

I couldn't see Troy coming in unless Jerry totally removes himself from the organization, but he's still the guy I'd trust to get things right just because he seems to genuinely care about the legacy of the Dallas Cowboys and I believe he'd get the right guys in here to coach the team the way Jimmy would.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I couldn't see Troy coming in unless Jerry totally removes himself from the organization, but he's still the guy I'd trust to get things right just because he seems to genuinely care about the legacy of the Dallas Cowboys and I believe he'd get the right guys in here to coach the team the way Jimmy would.
I think he'd be really good at it, too (although he supposedly had a big hand in getting Chip Kelly hired at UCLA, which looks pretty bad). He at least is a perfectionist who works incredibly hard.

He just knows the Jones family will never let go of their grip on the team.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I think he'd be really good at it, too (although he supposedly had a big hand in getting Chip Kelly hired at UCLA, which looks pretty bad). He at least is a perfectionist who works incredibly hard.

Yeah, I know it, too.

These fuckers will continue to get richer while dragging our team through the mud.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
You can tell he's as frustrated with Jerry, et al as many of us. He talks about what he feels the problem has been the last 20+ years, thinks things have just gotten worse and its refreshing to hear.

Heres the full show (expresses his exasperation around the 5 minute mark):

Troy:
"The business of business is more important than the business of football. Until game day."
"You have the owner giving injury reports and talking about the upcoming game."
"Everyone says they want to win. But do they really want to do what it takes?"
"Same thing for 20 years. It starts at the top."
This is why I respect and appreciate Troy's opinion!

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
"...but I do feel that this team, based on the level of talent, should be playing better than they are and, uh, but, but we've been saying that a lot of years, I mean that's what I say, there's more to it, you cant just simply say: ah well lets, lets fire this coach and lets fire this guy and then, then everything is gonna be great.

Well why?

Why, why would you believe that?

Because that has not yet been the case in a long time, we can go through the numbers of teams that we've thought were really talented that have not lived up to expectations, does that make those coaches bad coaches?

Well, it does in Dallas..I mean that seems to be the general feeling.

I just think that there's..I've said it many times I think it has to be addressed from top to bottom and until that happens, I think we'll continue to go down this spiral that we've been doing for 20 years and, and every year its kind of the same song and dance and then we get in the off season and here's the sacrificial lamb, here's why its going to be better this year"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I think everyone knows that the Jones family will continue ownership of this franchise from now to who knows when. If I owned this franchise I wouldn’t relinquish it either. It’s a conundrum that has no apparent solution. It’s just something that everyone has to accept because it’s just not going to change. The only thing that one can hope for as a fan is that their approach to how the team is managed will be delegated elsewhere, but that’s a slim chance. There is no foreseeable chance that the franchise will change hands but if Jerry was out of the picture then there’s a chance management philosophies could change.

p1_

DCC 4Life
perhaps we can campaign for Jerry to sell.

Top Bottom