Trash thread from a spammer

D

dichotomy

Edited by @Iamtdg.

Took out the link. If any of these links popup again on the site, please disregard. See below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Also, completely false in case anyone was tempted to click on that useless link.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The same site has been posted by different names. I made the mistake of clicking on one a while back and my Norton antivirus about had a stroke.

Is this site able to make bots to spread it's shit, or are these actual people? Is there some way this site can be blocked from doing this?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The same site has been posted by different names. I made the mistake of clicking on one a while back and my Norton antivirus about had a stroke.

Is this site able to make bots to spread it's shit, or are these actual people? Is there some way this site can be blocked from doing this?
Nope, we just have to ban as they join. I will leave this thread open and active so people know that this bot got banned (on top of many others) that are trying to spam the site, and for people to know not to click on this nonsense if it doesn't get removed before members see it, and potentially click on it.

* DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK *

We can't block actual websites, but we can continue to ban the accounts joining to post them. If I miss any that someone else sees, please message me so I can handle it. Thanks.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Nope, we just have to ban as they join. I will leave this thread open and active so people know that this bot got banned (on top of many others) that are trying to spam the site, and for people to know not to click on this nonsense if it doesn't get removed before members see it, and potentially click on it.

* DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK *

We can't block actual websites, but we can continue to ban the accounts joining to post them. If I miss any that someone else sees, please message me so I can handle it. Thanks.
what does it look like on your end when these bots join? is it a bunch of gibberish in the form?

Cotton

Staff member
what does it look like on your end when these bots join? is it a bunch of gibberish in the form?
I can't tell one way or the other. If they can get past the Captcha and email verification, they can join. I have very stringent verification registration in place. The only thing I can do further would be 2 step authentication. But, 2SA would cause some major heartburn the next time normal member log in, so I haven't gone that far yet.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
damn, so the bots are figuring out the captchas now, crazy

data

Forbes #1
I can't tell one way or the other. If they can get past the Captcha and email verification, they can join. I have very stringent verification registration in place. The only thing I can do further would be 2 step authentication. But, 2SA would cause some major heartburn the next time normal member log in, so I haven't gone that far yet.
Just close new registration until after the election.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Does VBulletin require a "captcha" when registering?

Disregard.

Cotton

Staff member
I have setup a different type Captcha. Would someone be willing to try and register an account with a burner email account to see what it looks like when they try to register? It would be greatly appreciated.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Nice!

Top Bottom