Tragic loss today

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A young man that played on my football team and later worked at my company died today in a car wreck. He was extremely close to my 25 year old son. He left 3 kids and a wife. I’m really feeling in now that I’m home and things are quiet. Just a tragic thing for my family.

When I got into youth football our teams comprised mostly of fatherless young men. We recruited the problem kids and traveled over states to play against the best of the best. Deion Sanders, Jamal Lewis, Snoop and the like had teams that traveled and played in Super Bowls/tournaments. Those kids became like sons to me. We raised money to spend on their travel and give them homes. This kid was one of the special ones for me. Just a tremendous young man that lived life with the biggest heart and personality.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This was the second one for us this year. Another played on our team 2 years ago and took his life at the age of 16.

I just don’t know what to do.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sorry to hear that, Skid. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.

data

Forbes #1
My condolences, skid. It just isn’t fair and without explanation. Prayers to the wife and kids. Such an infectious smile - must’ve been a hoot having him as a teammate on the road.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry man...sounds awful. Times are tough, but just be there for them. Best you can do.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Damn it, man...very sorry to hear this.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Terrible news. I hope some sort of GoFundMe has been set up for the family.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm sorry, brother. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't know what the heck is going on this year. My son's best friend just made it back from being gone to Japan with the Marines and took his life last week. He was 26 years old.

One of my other sons had another kid take his life yesterday. He was 17 years old.

That's 4 kids this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know what the heck is going on this year. My son's best friend just made it back from being gone to Japan with the Marines and took his life last week. He was 26 years old.

One of my other sons had another kid take his life yesterday. He was 17 years old.

That's 4 kids this year.
I'm so sorry to hear this, brother. So damn sad.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A young man that played on my football team and later worked at my company died today in a car wreck. He was extremely close to my 25 year old son. He left 3 kids and a wife. I’m really feeling in now that I’m home and things are quiet. Just a tragic thing for my family.

When I got into youth football our teams comprised mostly of fatherless young men. We recruited the problem kids and traveled over states to play against the best of the best. Deion Sanders, Jamal Lewis, Snoop and the like had teams that traveled and played in Super Bowls/tournaments. Those kids became like sons to me. We raised money to spend on their travel and give them homes. This kid was one of the special ones for me. Just a tremendous young man that lived life with the biggest heart and personality.
Sorry to hear these type stories. No one can really understand why but things are played out sometimes without any real understanding. I hope his family has a strong support system for them to get through this.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

That's 4 kids this year.
I think social media pressure and just the pressure of living in a bubble that is seen by so many people via social media is just too much for so many kids today. Truly sad Skid. Thinking of you, brother.

ZeroClub

UFA
Some social media sites facilitate suicide, sadly, and compete with national suicide prevention sites, such as https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ . The New York Times did one of their "The Daily" podcasts on this topic earlier this month (December 9th). It's infuriating, of course, because there are much better alternatives than suicide. Even during dark times, there are people available who can help.

Top Bottom