Todd McShay says he may leave ESPN for Jets’ front office

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Todd McShay says he may leave ESPN for Jets’ front office
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 8, 2019, 2:11 PM EDT

When the Jets fired General Manager Mike Maccagnan, a report surfaced that NFL Network draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah was a candidate for a job with the team. Jeremiah later said he was never contacted, but now another TV draft analyst may join the Jets’ front office.

ESPN analyst Todd McShay says he is under consideration for a job under new Jets General Manager Joe Douglas.

“Joe is considering multiple options and I’m one of the options,” McShay told Rich Cimini of ESPN.

McShay and Douglas were teammates for two years at the University of Richmond, so the two have known each other a long time. McShay has no experience working in an NFL front office.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Didn't this fool have several players who weren't even draft-eligible in his top 250 over the years? Shows what NFL front offices are all about, and I can guarantee you it isn't the ability to evaluate talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Didn't this fool have several players who weren't even draft-eligible in his top 250 over the years? Shows what NFL front offices are all about, and I can guarantee you it isn't the ability to evaluate talent.
Yes, he has. So has Kiper. Inexcusable. The fact that something like that can even be pointed out shows their level of attention to detail.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, he definitely deserves a high-ranking position in an NFL front office because he played football with their new GM 25 years ago and has been on TV talking about the draft for 10 years though. A position that normally would take people 15-20 years of grinding away in obscurity to even get a sniff for.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:lol That's ridiculous. ESPN only moved him in for Kiper because he's younger and more telegenic. He doesn't seem like a very good evaluator to me.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hey buddy, don't you worry, being great at evaluating talent isn't really a prerequisite for working in an NFL front office, all it really takes is being buddies with the right person/being some GM's nephew/having played under somebody's good friend from college.

Top Bottom