The Sturm Draft Plan For Dallas

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, he is way better (much faster) but there's still enough overlap that it's probably too much of a luxury.

And as much as I think of Lockett, I'm not sure how good an outside WR he'd in the NFL. Big 12 defenses are just so bad, it's hard to tell.
He had an epically bad group of passers throwing him the ball though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Draft Lockett. Keep Beasley. A bird in the hand is worth 12 in the bush or something like that.
Lockett plays more down field than Beasley most of the time. They are different type teceivers.

Rev

Staff member
Lockett plays more down field than Beasley most of the time. They are different type teceivers.
That's fine. Point was to have both because you know what you have in Beasley but Lockett may not even make it. Until you know what Lockett can do there is no sense in giving Beasley away.

I will say this, though I don't really think the original idea was serious.

townsend

Banned
Aren't we kind of set at receiver? Bryant, Beasley, and Williams should be here for a while.

Rev

Staff member
Aren't we kind of set at receiver? Bryant, Beasley, and Williams should be here for a while.
Williams will probably be move on in a year or two with a bigger contract I would imagine. I like Lockett but not dead set on a WR. It was just a hypothetical.

Top Bottom