The Religion Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Had one of these at the old old old boards.

Good for laughs. And rarely, good discussion.

I still think religion guides a lot in our lives.

Just curious to take a pulse.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you're two when you die and you go to Heaven, do you remain a toddler forever or do you get to grow up?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If you're two when you die and you go to Heaven, do you remain a toddler forever or do you get to grow up?
Dogma says...?

Sorry, I stopped keeping up with the rules a long long time ago.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
~cracks knuckles~

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Good question.

Also a good question...what kind of piece of shit god would allow a child to die in the first place? Either you let things like this happen despite having the power to stop it, which makes you an asshole, or you don't have the power to stop it which means you're not omnipotent and therefore not god.

Also a good question...why create life and death at all? Why not just send people straight to heaven from the moment of creation? To test us? Fuck you. You created me a certain way so you set me up to succeed or fail right from the beginning. Pretty fucked up.

Also a good question...what if I lived my life according to tenets of the religion of the actual god (let's say Christianity for arguments sake)...but it's 1491 when I die and I've never heard of Christianity or Christ because I am a native American. Am I fucked because of circumstances outside of my control?

Cotton

Staff member
Good question.

Also a good question...what kind of piece of shit god would allow a child to die in the first place? Either you let things like this happen despite having the power to stop it, which makes you an asshole, or you don't have the power to stop it which means you're not omnipotent and therefore not god.

Also a good question...why create life and death at all? Why not just send people straight to heaven from the moment of creation? To test us? Fuck you. You created me a certain way so you set me up to succeed or fail right from the beginning. Pretty fucked up.

Also a good question...what if I lived my life according to tenets of the religion of the actual god (let's say Christianity for arguments sake)...but it's 1491 when I die and I've never heard of Christianity or Christ because I am a native American. Am I fucked because of circumstances outside of my control?
All very good questions, and questions that I have actually myself in the past. I don't have any good answers, unfortunately.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Also a good question...what if I lived my life according to tenets of the religion of the actual god (let's say Christianity for arguments sake)...but it's 1491 when I die and I've never heard of Christianity or Christ because I am a native American.
"I'm just saying that when we die there's going to be a planet for the French, a planet for the Chinese, and we'll all be a lot happier."

_2-JcPFZiZ3DY6EJ4jiFgMttTFF7WnjOyG2pFABXriY_jpg.jpg

Sheik

DCC 4Life
God is real, and it’s mostly a pain in the ass when you’re trying to make decisions and you believe in him.

Cotton

Staff member
I hate people who say they're spiritual, not religious. Hit the bricks, hippie.
I am spiritual, but not religious.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will tell all of you people that if this were, oh I dunno, 15 years ago, I would be taking a cybershit on Evangelicals.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
My only problem with the Bible is that man wrote it and man always has an agenda. Does that mean I don't believe in God. No. There's too much evidence of a higher power in my life. The only thing I doubt is man's interpretation of God. No one knows until they die.

Cotton

Staff member
No one knows until they die.
This is my exact take on religion. Nobody knows. You can have faith all you want, but neither side of the debate knows for a fact if they are right or not.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My only problem with the Bible is that man wrote it and man always has an agenda. Does that mean I don't believe in God. No. There's too much evidence of a higher power in my life. The only thing I doubt is man's interpretation of God. No one knows until they die.
If there is no afterlife, then you don’t know then either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow. This thread has not went like I anticipated.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Do people in Heaven get to keep track of events on Earth? It would suck to die in the middle of a football season and not know how things turned out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. I am believing that we are living in the Matrix anymore.

Top Bottom