The Religion Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But you already know this stuff. So what/why are you asking? Is it because you aren’t really asking perhaps?

That’s like asking how to get stronger. You lift heavy things. What you’re saying is that you want to debate about if that’s really true. Or how do I get more money in my banking account? You make deposits. Do we need to debate that?

You don’t know the concept of depravity? I think you do.
Son, what constitutes a fallen man? I need that answer.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Son, what constitutes a fallen man? I need that answer.
You grew up in a Baptist church and you read the Bible many times.

Is the goal to see how many words I can type? You probably know this stuff better than me.

~loud sigh~

You were born with the inability to go through life without sinning. This took you out of grace with God.

So are we still at step 1 or are we moving on?

Cotton

Staff member
You grew up in a Baptist church and you read the Bible many times.

Is the goal to see how many words I can type? You probably know this stuff better than me.

~loud sigh~

You were born with the inability to go through life without sinning. This took you out of grace with God.

So are we still at step 1 or are we moving on?
I thought that might be where you were headed with that. I guess I do not need to move to step 2.

I don't know if I know the bible better than you or not, but I have done my fair share of reading and thinking. I will tell you straight up, because we're friends, I think the bible is a bunch of dramatical bullshit. It was written by a man's hand to influence man's thinking in a time when the world was in a really bad spot. Morals were needed to help balance out the evil. I don't think it is a bad thing. I just think it is full of lies and half-truths.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe I should have said faulty symbolism instead of lies.

Sarek

Not So New Member
When a person is poor they worry about the fact that they're poor. When a person is wealthy they worry about things that go with being wealthy. Same with religion, worry about earth when your on earth, and worry about the afterlife when your there, not before. Do you worry about the problems of being wealthy when your poor?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Perfect expression on his face, too. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All I can say about the current state of religion is that I literally drove past four churches this morning between 11AM and Noon and only one had any cars in the lot.

The rest look like they have been abandoned.

Top Bottom