The Odell Beckham Watch Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Beckham doesn’t add anything If you really think about it. What are the few issues with the current team?

1. Poor vs. the run defensively.
2. The offensive coordinator is touched in the head.

I don’t see the upside.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beckham doesn’t add anything If you really think about it. What are the few issues with the current team?

I don’t see the upside.
Lack of ability to beat good corners...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I don’t see the upside.
Uh, he's better than Noah Brown, duh!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's when a HC who really is a HC shuts down all the bullshit and says let's keep our eyes on the prize motherfuckers. Do your jobs and don't be involving yourself in personnel decisions. It's not what you get paid for and no one gives a shit what you think.
Well that's fine unless the head coach signs off on it. I think Fat Mike is transparent enough you could tell if it bothered him.

Parcells sure as shit did with Owens.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My desire to see him in a Cowboys uniform decreases the longer this drags out.

Say he signs a next week shortly after his meeting with the Cowboys. The penultimate game of the seasons is probably the earliest we'll see him actually on the field. Seems like we're headed for another 2007 Terry Glenn situation where they're trying to incorporate a WR into the offense during the most important games of the season.

It's been 15 years but I'm still scarred by that travesty.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My desire to see him in a Cowboys uniform decreases the longer this drags out.

Say he signs a next week shortly after his meeting with the Cowboys. The penultimate game of the seasons is probably the earliest we'll see him actually on the field. Seems like we're headed for another 2007 Terry Glenn situation where they're trying to incorporate a WR into the offense during the most important games of the season.

It's been 15 years but I'm still scarred by that travesty.
It scares the hell out of me to bring in a historically needy receiver this late in the year.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly. Even if we accept that he's left all his diva qualities in the past -- which I don't believe -- he simply isn't going to be healthy in time and isn't going to know the offense well enough in time for the stretch run.

But you know Jerry will insist we force the ball to him anyway. Or Dak thinks because he openly campaigned so hard for him, he has to force the ball to him. And who gets less work when that happens? Gallup? CeeDee, who is really emerging? The young TEs who have been so promising?

We finally get rid of the "talented" circus type players and replace them with the quietly solid "less talented" ones like Steele and Armstrong and others, and the team seems to benefit. And here we are trying to add one back. It's maddening.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I hate this man so much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can sense a disturbance in our mojo if we sign him.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
The only thing I see Odell helping with is the redzone and his crazy catch radius. I still don’t see how a run first team is going to be helped by adding a third Wr.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The only thing I see Odell helping with is the redzone and his crazy catch radius. I still don’t see how a run first team is going to be helped by adding a third Wr.
James Washington (first time all season in full pads): wtf going on???

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he will help a lot with RAC. It's one of his big strengths. He also gets very good separation. This is assuming his explosiveness is back. If it's not, we'll then all bets are off. He is basically a really good possession receiver at that point.

Even if you run mostly 2 WR sets those guys are constantly rotating. Do you want Noah Brown as one of those two receivers half the time?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he will help a lot with RAC. It's one of his big strengths. He also gets very good separation. This is assuming his explosiveness is back. If it's not, we'll then all bets are off. He is basically a really good possession receiver at that point.

Even if you run mostly 2 WR sets those guys are constantly rotating. Do you want Noah Brown as one of those two receivers half the time?
That is the real question. Do you cockblock Noah Brown?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Beckham isn't going to play 80% of the snaps, his real value is juicing up our 3 WR sets and giving us more explosiveness if/when we need to rely on the passing game depending on the circumstances of any given game.

He isn't going to out snap Gallup and I'd be shocked if we all of a sudden became a pass-centric team over the last 3 games of the regular season just because we added him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He's immediately the #1 guy in NY. OTOH, we offer him a better chance of winning. I still think a team like Buffalo or KC will swoop in and sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom