The Job Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Worked for a long time on work over rigs. Worked some on drilling rigs.

Worked as a consultant watching work over rigs.

Worked as a pusher for a water hauling company.

Drank heavily.
I am putting this into script form.

Read the post in Powers Boothe's voice.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Well since this is a recent topic.

I have been a manager in one form or another for 20 years. Mostly small box retail but recently more involved in logistics. I always seem to hit a glass ceiling, so for the last 3.5 years I have been doing school full time and working 50+ hour weeks. Just graduated in may with degrees in leadership, human resource management and business administration.

I had my career on an upward path for a bit but ran into some strange occurrences.
2014-2015 workedas a multi unit manager for a company that went bankrupt, worked for another year for a company that then closed my location, worked a year at a job that was not a good fit but paid the bills. Took another job similar to the one that closed my location and after about a year was let go. When I asked why I wasn’t given a reason. Went to work for a company in a job that I absolutely loved. I was there for two years made a huge impression and was very successful. Made a mistake and then called my boss out for lying and weirdly enough that led to me being let go when he started nitpicking every single thing I did. Went back to retail for a big box company. Actually enjoyed what I did all was going well again and then out of nowhere told I was being demoted. Took the demotion and worked my tail off. Working on a transfer to another location and was told that I was being demoted again until I could get the transfer completed. During the 6 months leading up to this I filed 4 ethics complaints which went unresolved. Unfair work practices, HIPAA violations, and unequal treatment were the subjects of the complaints.
. A lot of companies don’t want to touch me right now because of my work history over the past 7 years. Human resource positions aren’t offered to me because non of my job titles had HR in them though I have done all of the jobs within the scope of work.
Currently working as a shipping manager. Good money but I work nights. For now I am trying to put my head down and just work for a year or two to have some tenure before looking again. Unless something falls in my lap or an opportunity presents itself with my current company.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
@shoop

Have you looked into getting your PHR?
Yes. I actually tested and got it last month. Still not getting any interest on the HR front. Not sure what else to do at this point. HR/corporate culture is where I want to be long term. I can get there through management. Just not as easy

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes. I actually tested and got it last month. Still not getting any interest on the HR front. Not sure what else to do at this point. HR/corporate culture is where I want to be long term. I can get there through management. Just not as easy
Perhaps your resume just doesn't get through the machines.

Nine times out of ten, any resume sent in to a job posting gets screened out by buzzwords.

Then it goes to some $40K a year recruiter fresh out of school.

And then they try to play hero, thinking they are truly doing their jobs when in reality, they ain't doing shit.

It shocks me how little personal interaction there is anymore on that front.

They are even pushing the process out to click farms.

I can't tell you how many fucking times Rajeesh....err....Tom...leaves me a voice mail about an opportunity.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Since we have a glut of lawyers here...give us your Better Call Saul moments.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This upcoming week has me preparing for a national hiring event on Wed/Thurs.

In the middle of a pandemic. Off a long holiday weekend. We are paying people to refer candidates to a cattle call for $50 bucks a pop.

This is gonna turn out well, I can just fucking feel it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This upcoming week has me preparing for a national hiring event on Wed/Thurs.

In the middle of a pandemic. Off a long holiday weekend. We are paying people to refer candidates to a cattle call for $50 bucks a pop.

This is gonna turn out well, I can just fucking feel it.

Is there any criteria involved, or can someone round up 50 homeless people and clean up?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is there any criteria involved, or can someone round up 50 homeless people and clean up?
They can clean up. All they have to do is show up at the event. It maxes out at 20 referrals.

They can get a grand by referring people with glass eyes and a peg leg if they are motivated.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They can clean up. All they have to do is show up at the event. It maxes out at 20 referrals.

They can get a grand by referring people with glass eyes and a peg leg if they are motivated.

I think your instinct is right, it'll be a shit show.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
And the corporate expectation is supposed to be that I am excited and I should post our excitement on social media.

Jesus Christ, I am trying to keep this shit as low key as possible.
Do they not realize people will game the system?

Top Bottom