The Job Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
:lol

That describes my first month and half here.

I'm going to one of the upcoming Tampa Rays games so that'll be something. My wife will make the trip down to visit in early August and we're planning on doing a lot of the tourist stuff then.

I want to go to the Bucs-Cowboys season opener but the cheapest tickets are about $500 for nosebleed seats. I'm not paying that much for bad seats in a regular season game. So I'll be watching on TV like everyone else.
I was hoping to make that trip as well, but what the hell is going on with those ticket prices?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was hoping to make that trip as well, but what the hell is going on with those ticket prices?
Yeah was looking into the Chiefs/Cowboys game as KC isn't too far but damn it's pricey for decent seats.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah was looking into the Chiefs/Cowboys game as KC isn't too far but damn it's pricey for decent seats.
Like 1big said, I checked nosebleed seats last week and they're at least $500.

Who are the folks who pay that price? I want to know them.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I've been to a good number of Cowboys games but none since Jerryworld opened. Quite a while at this point.

I'm not entirely convinced I feel like giving my money to Jerry or the NFL at this point. Both of them are putting out a completely shit product for a while now and the NFL makes it worse by sucking up to BLM and all that crazy ass shit. It's also fucking ridiculously expensive.

I'd rather watch two actual interesting teams in the Tar Heels and NY Rangers and have my dollar spread further.

Say, isn't this the job thread?

Anyone need to file bankruptcy? This clown show administration keeps holding up foreclosures and it's killing us.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I've been to a good number of Cowboys games but none since Jerryworld opened.
Good, it blows as a football venue.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
IDK, man. I think it's a perfect storm of the following: The Dallas Cowboys are involved in the game; it's a prime time game; it's the season opener; and the Bucs are getting their Super Bowl banner and rings.

All of that together is a perfect recipe for sky high ticket prices. I'm fairly certain if this game were scheduled for a random Sunday afternoon in the middle of the season, you could probably get a ticket for $125 or less.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
IDK, man. I think it's a perfect storm of the following: The Dallas Cowboys are involved in the game; it's a prime time game; it's the season opener; and the Bucs are getting their Super Bowl banner and rings.

All of that together is a perfect recipe for sky high ticket prices. I'm fairly certain if this game were scheduled for a random Sunday afternoon in the middle of the season, you could probably get a ticket for $125 or less.
You're right, didnt realize they'd be getting their rings and banner. I dont wanna see that shit, it'd just make me wanna fight. 😄

Smitty

DCC 4Life
NFL tickets are absolute insanity. And it’s twice as bad for the Cowboys.

One reason why I kinda over the NFL as such a main passion. I won’t ever be able to quit the Cowboys entirely but my dedication as I’m sure many of you can tell is nowhere close to what it was when I was 20-25.

I just don’t care like I used to. The product, both the NFL and the Cowboys, is garbage. The players don’t take it seriously, the league is aj inconsistently officiated and ruled mess, free agency has destroyed team building, and they are so god damn greedy despite being the biggest moneymaker on the planet that they have to fuck with tradition by continuing to expand the amount of teams or games they have coming in at all times. It’s embarrassing. Just stick to Coke endorsements and stadium naming rights, but how many fucking revenue streams do these rich pricks need? And on top of that they are aligning with leftist SJW pressure.

I find myself actively hoping for a huge setback for the NFL so it can go back to the league it was when I was a kid… or a twenty year old.

It’s really embarrassing to say this but the NHL is a vastly better product if you take any enjoyment at all from the sport of hockey. They haven’t ruined their game… yet. It’s also still mildly affordable, maybe I can take my family to a game for less than $1,000.

Top Bottom