The Job Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I lived in Tampa for 3.5 years. I absolutely hates in.

Are you in Tampa proper? I loved in the Valrico/Brandon area
Yeah, I'm in Tampa proper. Northern Tampa area near the USF campus.

I don't hate it but It's definitely not a place that I'd want to live long-term.

One of the things that I don't like is how easily the roads flood, especially in the South Tampa area where I work. A good 2 or 3 hour rain storm will flood the hell out of some of these streets and turn my normal 35 minute commute into a 1 hour 15 minute commute. I was shocked to see that it only took a couple hours of rain for some major streets to flood over. Luckily it's only happened twice since I've been here.

If a few hours of rain does that I'd hate to see what the area looks like after a major hurricane.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, I'm in Tampa proper. Northern Tampa area near the USF campus.

I don't hate it but It's definitely not a place that I'd want to live long-term.

One of the things that I don't like is how easily the roads flood, especially in the South Tampa area where I work. A good 2 or 3 hour rain storm will flood the hell out of some of these streets and turn my normal 35 minute commute into a 1 hour 15 minute commute. I was shocked to see that it only took a couple hours of rain for some major streets to flood over. Luckily it's only happened twice since I've been here.

If a few hours of rain does that, I'd hate to see what the area looks like after a major hurricane.
i lived in Valrico and worked on the peninsula. What a beating that was. It was either the sunshine skyway or fighting across I4 and the bridges. Ugh

1bigfan13

Staff member
i lived in Valrico and worked on the peninsula. What a beating that was. It was either the sunshine skyway or fighting across I4 and the bridges. Ugh
A lot of my co-workers live out there and make that commute.

Mine isn't much better. I work on MacDill AFB so I take Dale Mabry and I-275. Luckily they give us flexibility with our work hours, so a lot of us go in earlier and leave early in the afternoon so we can avoid most of the traffic.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A lot of my co-workers live out there and make that commute.

Mine isn't much better. I work on MacDill AFB so I take Dale Mabry and I-275. Luckily they give us flexibility with our work hours, so a lot of us go in earlier and leave early in the afternoon so we can avoid most of the traffic.
What was the weirdest for me was that I didn’t do much there. We never enjoyed most of the things that the area offered. I was super busy with work and being a leader in the church that we moved there to help start. We did get to go to the beaches near Sarasota, which are awesome.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What was the weirdest for me was that I didn’t do much there. We never enjoyed most of the things that the area offered.
:lol

That describes my first month and half here.

I'm going to one of the upcoming Tampa Rays games so that'll be something. My wife will make the trip down to visit in early August and we're planning on doing a lot of the tourist stuff then.

I want to go to the Bucs-Cowboys season opener but the cheapest tickets are about $500 for nosebleed seats. I'm not paying that much for bad seats in a regular season game. So I'll be watching on TV like everyone else.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol

That describes my first month and half here.

I'm going to one of the upcoming Tampa Rays games so that'll be something. My wife will make the trip down to visit in early August and we're planning on doing a lot of the tourist stuff then.

I want to go to the Bucs-Cowboys season opener but the cheapest tickets are about $500 for nosebleed seats. I'm not paying that much for bad seats in a regular season game. So I'll be watching on TV like everyone else.
I’ve been to 2 Cowboy games. One in Tampa and one in Phoenix. We lost both games.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’ve been to 2 Cowboy games. One in Tampa and one in Phoenix. We lost both games.
I have been to 3. 2 in Texas Stadium and one in Phoenix, as well. We are 1-2 in those visits.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I've been to three games. All in Texas Stadium. Thanksgiving vs the Vikes (Moss rookie year), Parcells first game against the Falcons, and the Monday night game the Triplets were put in the ROH against the Skins.

Yep. We lost all three.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Y'all are some walking bad luck charms.

I've been to 3 games as well. Two in Texas Stadium and one in Jerry World. I was at the 2001 game vs the Giants; 2002 game vs the Titans; and a MNF game in 2011 vs the Redskins.

Cowboys won all three. The 2011 game felt like the least entertaining. They didn't score a TD. All they could muster was 6 Dan Bailey FGs. But at least they won.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He also needs to start all Gameday Chatter threads. I do believe he has the best record.
Nah, I just got hot one particularly year. Other than that I've been average at best.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He also needs to start all Gameday Chatter threads. I do believe he has the best record.
I have never started one.

My game attendance record has scared me away from taking the chance.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's okay, I can start the gameday threads from my patio. :unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Things are eerily quiet with this harassment situation.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Things are eerily quiet with this harassment situation.
You think this might actually amount to something? If you're worried about it I'd say talk to a lawyer to get in front of this.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
They're wondering if you're the kind of guy to waste everyone in the office after being canned. Be sure to spare the sandwich cart guy who was nice to you.

Top Bottom