The Job Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I probably need to hire an attorney to work for me or a second secretary but I hate giving away my money. It's probably silly because I have to flat out turn down some cases now or miss out on getting hired on some because I'm in court so much I don't have time to talk to all the new people.

That's about all my complaints. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but it's draining.
Hey, I will work cheap...got my paralegal certificate about 20 years ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Okay, I'll bite. Why?
The way my office is structured is that I have two Area Managers. So one of them flaked out and transferred, the other one is loyal since I brought her with me from our last job.

So one of the positions have been vacant and in a way on purpose, I wanted to hire the right one.

Meanwhile, I had our GM breathing down my neck to hire someone, so she basically picked the runt of the litter which was really full of runts.

I hated her interview, she kept saying "etcetera" over and over again.

Then my Divisional HR Manager gets involved and excited since she is "diverse".

So this broad starts and basically is a basket of nerves and completely overwhelmed. She is one of these button down types, consumed with order. In other words, she is in the wrong fucking field.

Anyways, the whole complaint she has against me is that I touched her inadvertantly reaching around her shoulder trying to type in her password because she literally was so wired that she couldn't type.

But yep, I am now a sexual harasser.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We need to know her age and scale of attractiveness.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The way my office is structured is that I have two Area Managers. So one of them flaked out and transferred, the other one is loyal since I brought her with me from our last job.

So one of the positions have been vacant and in a way on purpose, I wanted to hire the right one.

Meanwhile, I had our GM breathing down my neck to hire someone, so she basically picked the runt of the litter which was really full of runts.

So this broad starts and basically is a basket of nerves and completely overwhelmed. She is one of these button down types, consumed with order. In other words, she is in the wrong fucking field.

Anyways, the whole complaint she has against me is that I touched her inadvertantly reaching around her shoulder trying to type in her password because she literally was so wired that she couldn't type.

Well, that's stupid. Sounds like she doesn't have shit.

Cotton

Staff member
  • Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member
You would think, but this is Big Daddy Corporate Ethics.

You never know when they want to make an example out of someone.
I hope not, brother. That would be bullshit if they do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope not, brother. That would be bullshit if they do.
I think my GM has my ass, but I am not completely sure. She did say she was surprised she was so "sensitive".

I have not brought up that this twat opened up the case because of course, it has to be confidential.

The whole thing was fucking weird. Hired her. Her training sucked. She sucked. Sent her away for a week to another facility down in Atlanta just to get her the fuck away from me and perhaps have the calm environment she thought she was entitled to.

Then she resigns via email, to my staff, not me. I found out about it when one of my clerks told me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

wth that’s sort of scary to me. Too bad we can’t be human in the workforce anymore. I assume that folks around me simply trust that I have good intentions.

So what now? What’s the next steps for this situation?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
wth that’s sort of scary to me. Too bad we can’t be human in the workforce anymore. I assume that folks around me simply trust that I have good intentions.

So what now? What’s the next steps for this situation?
Now, I wait for the notorious slow Corporate Ethics team to do whatever it is they do.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well, I own a few businesses - a restoration company that does fire, water, mold, reconstruction, contents restoration, textile restoration and so forth. My business has a lot of moving parts that can be stressful at times. I wake up each day full of piss and vinegar because I have goals that I want to reach in the next 5 years.

We also have some realestate investment, build new structures and have opened a service plumbing company.

Recently we ramped down our residential reconstruction program. We are focusing on expanding into the commercial realm, so we have hired business development reps to go after it. This is a pretty huge shifts for us.

I feel like I’m learning new skills all of the time. Mainly skills to lead an organization vs being technically sound. Being that I am ocd with my business I am turned on 24/7 which is probably not a good long term plan. Surely this cannot be good for me but like I said, I have goals.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Now, I wait for the notorious slow Corporate Ethics team to do whatever it is they do.
How do they determine if the chick is fos or not? It sure sucks that bird face can say whatever she wants and end someone’s career. It truly is terrifying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How do they determine if the chick is fos or not? It sure sucks that bird face can say whatever she wants and end someone’s career. It truly is terrifying.
Yep. What is so weird to me is that this has been very covert. The woman resigned for "personal" reasons. Then opens up an Ethics case.

That is some vengeful shit that quite frankly I don't think I deserve.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Lookit, I am not the most mentally stable guy, but Jesus this is one crazy one, let me tell you.
Sounds like she is batshit crazy.

Top Bottom