The Job Thread

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Just came across this, glad everything is looking up.

For reals I thought you wore a bathrobe all day while trying like hell to float your liver in real life.

I’m horrible at guessing what people on these forums are like.
I missed this before Booze, but glad you got a gig. Keep looking and I bet something better comes along. It's one of those weird things that it's really hard getting a job,but once you have one, different and better ones seem to come along easier. Good luck sir.
Keep your head up for new offers and the robe closed for goodness sake...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Glad to see you have had a certain amount of good fortune. You never know what might develop with this position or what might still come down the pike.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to tell you guys, it has been a little over six weeks and the Chinese are breaking me down.

They apparently feel chattering at each other for three hours at a time in meetings is productive.

I thought they were all about eliminating waste?

Wait, that was the Japanese.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to tell you guys, it has been a little over six weeks and the Chinese are breaking me down.

They apparently feel chattering at each other for three hours at a time in meetings is productive.

I thought they were all about eliminating waste?

Wait, that was the Japanese.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So anyhoo, been sort of looking as I have journeyed with the Chinese and I got an interview today with a recruiting firm in Charlotte that really just rocked my world.

I have heard of them and I guess they are kind of a big deal but I never knew a lot about their culture.

I went to their building which has been converted from an old factory or something into an office building, which is kind of the new urban renewal thing in Charlotte.

And holy fuck I never thought I would walk into the NC version of Google or something.

I swear to God this was like something out of Silicon Valley.

What's funny is the lady that recruited me is like 65 and talked about they need a dose of maturity to counterbalance their culture.

But every damn person there is under 30, blonde haired blue eyed, perky girls---little hipster guys wearing skinny jeans.

It was fuckin' weird.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So anyhoo, been sort of looking as I have journeyed with the Chinese and I got an interview today with a recruiting firm in Charlotte that really just rocked my world.

I have heard of them and I guess they are kind of a big deal but I never knew a lot about their culture.

I went to their building which has been converted from an old factory or something into an office building, which is kind of the new urban renewal thing in Charlotte.

And holy fuck I never thought I would walk into the NC version of Google or something.

I swear to God this was like something out of Silicon Valley.

What's funny is the lady that recruited me is like 65 and talked about they need a dose of maturity to counterbalance their culture.

But every damn person there is under 30, blonde haired blue eyed, perky girls---little hipster guys wearing skinny jeans.

It was fuckin' weird.
Haa! You are getting old. It ain’t a bad thing to see how much you are drifting from each “hip” generation. Good luck on your interview.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Haa! You are getting old. It ain’t a bad thing to see how much you are drifting from each “hip” generation. Good luck on your interview.
I have never felt more old.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn, tough break. Better luck next time.

midswat

... soon
Sounds miserable, working with young perky girls.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Damn...how did I miss this?

I coulda got you a job building birdhouses right there on 501 in Aynor.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
~merged with another thread~

But this post is kept as it was posted, in it's posterity.

Here is where you will deposit all of your mental vomit about your job.

I am serious.

It will be cathartic.

I will start.

I got turned in on an Ethics case today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have finally gave up on the oil field and moved back home to be with my wife and kids full time.

I am now a corrections officer working in a youth prison. Started about 2 weeks ago. And part time bartending at a country club so I can get free golf.

How's that for a f'n career change, eh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh love what I do, make great money but my schedule is getting out of hand. I probably need to hire an attorney to work for me or a second secretary but I hate giving away my money. It's probably silly because I have to flat out turn down some cases now or miss out on getting hired on some because I'm in court so much I don't have time to talk to all the new people.

That's about all my complaints. I guess it's not a bad problem to have but it's draining.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have finally gave up on the oil field and moved back home to be with my wife and kids full time.

I am now a corrections officer working in a youth prison. Started about 2 weeks ago. And part time bartending at a country club so I can get free golf.

Holy crap, man. Congrats. You at least now get to spend more time with your family.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I said...I got turned in on an Ethics Case today.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

OMG

Yeah!

Top Bottom