The Job Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

File for unemployment ASAP.

I was laid off in late July 2015 when the oil economy went to shit.

Luckily for my family and I, in worked for a great company and they gave me 6 months severance and even kept me on the payroll until September 15th.

Even with all that, I was able to file for unemployment and get it by the middle of August, so I don't see why you wouldn't get it yourself.

Good luck, man. I know how it feels but things will work out.

And oh yea....get on LinkedIn.

Put your resume out there and network network network.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And oh yea....get on LinkedIn.

Put your resume out there and network network network.
I have been on there daily. Hitting up people I have not even thought of for literally a decade.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have been on there daily. Hitting up people I have not even thought of for literally a decade.
Once you get your profile created and stuff like that, tons of employer's on LinkedIn offer easy apply, which basically allows you to apply instantly without having to fill out anything.

You can literally apply to 20 jobs in less than an hour if you find the right ones.

Even though your profile is essentially going to have the same info your resume does, have it handy so you can attach it.

When you do the easy apply, you'll see a pop-up box that will ask you if you wanna add something to which you'll choose to attach your resume.

I guarantee you that you'll receive some responses.

Good luck, bud.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Once you get your profile created and stuff like that, tons of employer's on LinkedIn offer easy apply, which basically allows you to apply instantly without having to fill out anything.

You can literally apply to 20 jobs in less than an hour if you find the right ones.

Even though your profile is essentially going to have the same info your resume does, have it handy so you can attach it.

When you do the easy apply, you'll see a pop-up box that will ask you if you wanna add something to which you'll choose to attach your resume.

I guarantee you that you'll receive some responses.

Good luck, bud.
Yeah do all this but still I would also in gage a service. The can accomplish much more in a week than one individual can in two months.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have had to change jobs three times in my banking career and I really hated it because it was always a change of ownership and the new owners had their own choices made before the change was announced. It is a very stressful time for the ones that were teplaced.

In retrospect however every change was a better deal for me than what I could have attained at the former bank.

Try to keep your head clear by focusing on what you need to do and don’t dwell on the circumstances of the former position. That will eat you alive. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

vince

Not So New Member
I would suggest you upload your resume on websites like monster.com. I had a temp agency reach out to me and that's how I landed the job I am currently in. I did have to start off as a temp but was hired on within 3 months.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would suggest you upload your resume on websites like monster.com. I had a temp agency reach out to me and that's how I landed the job I am currently in. I did have to start off as a temp but was hired on within 3 months.
That is precisely what I am advocating, Go ahead and get an agency involved. They already have the jobs loaded up. It’s just a matter of time before they are able to land you with a permenant job possibility. Headhunters are slightly different and usually have the choice positions.

midswat

... soon
How long ago was that? I was always under the impression Monster was a dead site like Myspace.

Isn't LinkedIn and Indeed the two go to's now for job searching?

vince

Not So New Member
How long ago was that? I was always under the impression Monster was a dead site like Myspace.

Isn't LinkedIn and Indeed the two go to's now for job searching?
About 5 years ago. I just checked and it's still up. He should def still go the way of linkedin but Monster is what ultimately helped me get my job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The long national nightmare ended last Monday. You can all proceed with your lives.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Congrats.
Not really.

I debased myself taking a job below my experience at $15,000 less than what I was earning.

And for a Chinese owned company. With Chinese executives.

It is damned weird.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yikes, didn’t see this before. Glad you’re back to work. Keep looking elsewhere maybe??

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do appreciate the well wishes and advice, fellas.

Ya rly no homo

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not really.

I debased myself taking a job below my experience at $15,000 less than what I was earning.

It is damned weird.
My father in law works for one and he always gets to go over there for work trips. Maybe you will get to travel.

Anyways I'm glad you are back on track.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not really.

It is damned weird.
Well, shit.

Keep looking in the meantime I guess.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Just came across this, glad everything is looking up.

For reals I thought you wore a bathrobe all day while trying like hell to float your liver in real life.

I’m horrible at guessing what people on these forums are like.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I missed this before Booze, but glad you got a gig. Keep looking and I bet something better comes along. It's one of those weird things that it's really hard getting a job,but once you have one, different and better ones seem to come along easier. Good luck sir.

Top Bottom