The Gun Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I wish I had nothing else to spend my money on like you guys.
Hopefully when you get my age and your kids are out of the house you will still be able to buy guns and ammo

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I went ahead and bought 5k rounds at .32per last night, nothing showing on ammoseek under .50 now
I would have definitely done the same if I didn't already have a ton of it. My wife gave my SKS and my semiauto AK47 to my son, so I only have the full auto now. Dont shoot it often so I think the 6K I still have will probably end up lasting quite a while.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I just ordered the FN Five SeveN. As little as I like the price compared to the Ruger, the Ruger’s trigger was a little weird for me to shoot regularly. The trigger safety isn’t normally an issue by itself (my Springfield XDM has one), but there was a ton of slop to go along with it, so I passed on it for now. I’ll buy one eventually, though.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If any of you guys need .357 SIG ammo, Brownell’s has Sig brand FMJs for $38.49 a box. It’s not great, but it’s not terrible seeing that Sig ammo is really good and .357 Sig is on the harder side to find.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So doesn't necessarily fit in this thread but I feel like it's maybe the best place. I live in a golf course. My house is a little more secluded without any neighbors too close to me. I've got a problem with armadillos. Yes we have them in Missouri. Anyway was in my yard last night and two of those little fuckers were tearing it up. I have 3 dogs and they do nothing to help me. The Husky just sniffs at them, the coonhound is too old to go near them and the bulldog does nothing.

Any recommendations to get rid of those fuckers? Thought about shooting them but my shotgun would be way too loud. Any ideas? I'm sure some of you guys have armadillos?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So doesn't necessarily fit in this thread but I feel like it's maybe the best place. I live in a golf course. My house is a little more secluded without any neighbors too close to me. I've got a problem with armadillos. Yes we have them in Missouri. Anyway was in my yard last night and two of those little fuckers were tearing it up. I have 3 dogs and they do nothing to help me. The Husky just sniffs at them, the coonhound is too old to go near them and the bulldog does nothing.

Any recommendations to get rid of those fuckers? Thought about shooting them but my shotgun would be way too loud. Any ideas? I'm sure some of you guys have armadillos?
You could also trap them (they are stupid animals and easy to trap) and take them out in the country to shoot them. Or if you feel bad about execution style shooting, just let them go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could also trap them (they are stupid animals and easy to trap) and take them out in the country to shoot them. Or if you feel bad about execution style shooting, just let them go.
Yeah I think traps may be my best option. Just not sure where to release or shoot the annoying little pests.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I think traps may be my best option. Just not sure where to release or shoot the annoying little pests.
I would just take them a long way from your house if you can get them trapped.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would just take them a long way from your house if you can get them trapped.
Yeah I'm doing my best to convince my mother in law to allow me to take them to her house and shoot them. They live out in the country in the middle of nowhere.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah I am pro gun and all but I would not allow a child that small to fire one let alone two guns.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

.22 magnum is your friend.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Oh, BTW...you fuckers will be shitting bricks here shortly. Bought a .50 BMG over the weekend.

Woooohooooo
Nice! Which model? My dad has one of the early M99's

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Get a bow and to kill them suckers.

When I lived in town New Braunfels we were overrun by deer in our yards. I seriously thought about poaching those sumbeeches. The high number of them caused a lot of problems for us. They were so damn comfortable in my yard too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get a bow and to kill them suckers.

When I lived in town New Braunfels we were overrun by deer in our yards. I seriously thought about poaching those sumbeeches. The high number of them caused a lot of problems for us. They were so damn comfortable in my yard too.
You think an arrow will go through one? Thought about a crossbow.

Top Bottom