The Gun Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Most people call their first finger next to the thumb, the index finger or pointer finger.

My daughter today, sitting at a restaurant while we waited to get our order and she goes, "My trigger finger has a sore on it."

Umm...

:towel

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I’m stoked. I’ve been waiting for the 357 Sig conversion barrel that I ordered months ago for my XDM to ship and I received notification today that it’s finally on its way.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I’m stoked. I’ve been waiting for the 357 Sig conversion barrel that I ordered months ago for my XDM to ship and I received notification today that it’s finally on its way.
The Springfield XDM?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I haven't bought anything in like 3 weeks, starting to feel like a crack addict going thru withdrawals

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The Springfield XDM?
Yeah. I have it in 40 S&W and never bought the conversion barrel for whatever reason. And, of course, when I want one….well, fucking Covid happens and everything sells out.

I ordered a ported barrel. I know that it means I’ll need to clean it more often, but the recoil reduces to a bare minimum.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I haven't bought anything in like 3 weeks, starting to feel like a crack addict going thru withdrawals
I hear you. Other than a very high end Nighthawk, I think my next buy will either be a Ruger 57 or the Sig P320 XFive Legion.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I hear you. Other than a very high end Nighthawk, I think my next buy will either be a Ruger 57 or the Sig P320 XFive Legion.
I've been really close to buying the FN 57 but the Ruger is def being considered too

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I've been really close to buying the FN 57 but the Ruger is def being considered too
I’ve been looking at both of them. The FN is a lot more expensive, but I like them both. The ammo is absurdly overpriced, though.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I’ve been looking at both of them. The FN is a lot more expensive, but I like them both. The ammo is absurdly overpriced, though.
I have half a case of the stuff at the house, and I am using that as an excuse to buy the Ruger. Soon as I get off the rig, that will happen. Should work wonders on pigs. Definitely do better than a 9mm anyway.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You ain't kidding, my brother managed to get quite a bit from a friend of his who sold off a bunch of stuff so I can get least a few hundred rounds from him at a decent price

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
You ain't kidding, my brother managed to get quite a bit from a friend of his who sold off a bunch of stuff so I can get least a few hundred rounds from him at a decent price
I was dumbfounded as to how expensive that ammo is. Many of you guys know that I have properties in both Dallas and L.A., and the cheapest that I’ve seen that ammo in gun shops (TX or CA) was like $55 a box and $80 for hollow points. It’s a bit cheaper online, but not much.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I was dumbfounded as to how expensive that ammo is. Many of you guys know that I have properties in both Dallas and L.A., and the cheapest that I’ve seen that ammo in gun shops (TX or CA) was like $55 a box and $80 for hollow points. It’s a bit cheaper online, but not much.
Yeah 5.7 is one of the rounds I haven't seen a sale on in a long time. If I catch one on ammoseek I'll post it asap

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yeah 5.7 is one of the rounds I haven't seen a sale on in a long time. If I catch one on ammoseek I'll post it asap
I’ve been checking ammoseek, Buds, midway, and a bunch of others. I’ll post something if I find anything as well.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I found 5.7x28mm ammo at a gun store today for $48/50rds. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen it for a good while.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I found 5.7x28mm ammo at a gun store today for $48/50rds. That’s the cheapest I’ve seen it for a good while.
That's not bad, how many boxes they let you buy?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have half a case of the stuff at the house, and I am using that as an excuse to buy the Ruger. Soon as I get off the rig, that will happen. Should work wonders on pigs. Definitely do better than a 9mm anyway.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well, SC goes open carry next week. Hell yeah. Time to shop.

Which would you guys prefer to carry...Sig P938, or Glock 43?

I really love the reliabilty of the Glock. Yep, they are ugly as shit...but they are the gold standard for reliability and just work. The Sig is smaller, but I've read some reports that some batches of them only feed reliably with certain ammo. If thats true, its not even a consideration. But its hard to believe everything you read, and Sig is Sig, afterall. A stellar gun manufacturer.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I've got a factory ported Glock in .357 Sig. That son of a bitch blows fire out the end of the barrel when I shoot it, but damn its glorious.

LOL

Top Bottom