The Gun Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What everyones opinion of Taurus….well specifically the GX4. Every review I've seen is stellar. I’m just thinking of picking one up as a throw around gun….at 299.00 how could you go wrong?
Tell me more.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
What everyones opinion of Taurus….well specifically the GX4. Every review I've seen is stellar. I’m just thinking of picking one up as a throw around gun….at 299.00 how could you go wrong?
I had a GX2. Taurus is a solid bargain brand. I would drop another $100-$200 and get a sig/S&W/Springfield/ even a glock (ugh)

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

ZeroClub

UFA
I have a Taurus 709 Slim for concealed carry. 500+ rounds (9mm) through it. It just works and I don't care if it gets scuffed up.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Hey. .50 BMG pics please. Stop avoiding us. We want to see the precious.
Waiting on it to get here. Trust me…I’m jonesing to get it.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Milti. I'm looking at a custom action for a new rifle. Any experience with Terminus Zues and Bighorn TL3?

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Milti. I'm looking at a custom action for a new rifle. Any experience with Terminus Zues and Bighorn TL3?
I had a build on a TL3. Bighorn is a solid choice. I prefer Stiller, but I don't believe they make a Savage compatible action, although you can do a Remage, I have built one on a Remington action with a Savage type barrel nut and it is extremely accurate.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Yep. I basically have them all. Bighorn is really nice...got it behind a 300 WSM. Moon at Crescent Customs builds most of my rifles now, and thats one of his favs.

The Terminus stands out because of the 60 degree bolt throw....but honestly, for my money I like the APR G2. Got it behind a 7 WSM and its a tack driver. Stiller..eh, I've got one behind a 6.5 CM and its not nearly as smooth as all the new ones out now. A close second would be the one off I had Mark at Short Action Customs build for me, off his own modded Deviant action called the Alpha II in .280 AI. I took a pronghorn at 655 yards with it.

Built my first custom .308 with a blueprinted Rem 700 Action with upgraded and sized 1 piece PTG bolt and it shoots 1" groups at 400 yards if I do my part. Yep. It’s a beast. Action cost me 400.00.

BTW, not that you asked, but I use all Bartlein barrels. I have talked to the guys there I bet 30 times.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

Staff member
Here’s the SAC in 280 AI. Used to be in their gallery but anyways he built a sweet gun.
3E612CEE-DF01-44F6-9D79-C885C3DF0C54.jpeg

UncleMilti

Staff member
One of my absolute favorite calibers. All the ballistic advantages of 7 Mag without all the recoil. Beautiful rifle sir. What glass do you use on it?
I’m using Tangent-Theta on that one.
I just ordered a new Zero Compromise about 2 weeks ago to try out.
Usually I’m a big Nightforce fan.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I’m using Tangent-Theta on that one.
I just ordered a new Zero Compromise about 2 weeks ago to try out.
Usually I’m a big Nightforce fan.
Same here, although Tangent Thetas are awesome , just don't own any YET.

UncleMilti

Staff member

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Obviously you can tell I’m a gun snob.
I love the good stuff, but for the most part except three Nightforce scopes I can't play with the big boys. Even my Nightforce's are NX series. ATACR is out of my line right now.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Any of you ever used a binary trigger? Looking at purchasing one but was hoping someone might have input.

Top Bottom