The Gun Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So doesn't necessarily fit in this thread but I feel like it's maybe the best place. I live in a golf course. My house is a little more secluded without any neighbors too close to me. I've got a problem with armadillos. Yes we have them in Missouri. Anyway was in my yard last night and two of those little fuckers were tearing it up. I have 3 dogs and they do nothing to help me. The Husky just sniffs at them, the coonhound is too old to go near them and the bulldog does nothing.

Any recommendations to get rid of those fuckers? Thought about shooting them but my shotgun would be way too loud. Any ideas? I'm sure some of you guys have armadillos?
Get a bow and to kill them suckers.

When I lived in town New Braunfels we were overrun by deer in our yards. I seriously thought about poaching those sumbeeches. The high number of them caused a lot of problems for us. They were so damn comfortable in my yard too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get a bow and to kill them suckers.

When I lived in town New Braunfels we were overrun by deer in our yards. I seriously thought about poaching those sumbeeches. The high number of them caused a lot of problems for us. They were so damn comfortable in my yard too.
You think an arrow will go through one? Thought about a crossbow.

jsmith6919

Classless Shitpainter
I've got a couple bows and a crossbow and yes they will def kill an armadillo. I'd bet even just a field point would do it but I'd use a broadhead just to be sure

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The irony about my FN purchase is that the gun store by the house I own in L.A. just had a shipment of the Five seveNs arrive that have been on order since November of 2019.

Chocolate Lab

I'm not a gun guy at all, just shotguns hunting dove and quail when I was a kid.

But my dad got a crossbow a couple months ago, and it's damn fun. His isn't even the greatest one, and it's really accurate at 30+ yards (as far as I've shot it).

As far as the armadillo... it wouldn't just kill one, it would probably go all the way to the feathers on it. :lol My dad's goes a foot+ into a thick target to the point it's really hard to pull the bolt out.

roughneck266

I'm not a gun guy at all, just shotguns hunting dove and quail when I was a kid.

But my dad got a crossbow a couple months ago, and it's damn fun. His isn't even the greatest one, and it's really accurate at 30+ yards (as far as I've shot it).

As far as the armadillo... it wouldn't just kill one, it would probably go all the way to the feathers on it. :lol My dad's goes a foot+ into a thick target to the point it's really hard to pull the bolt out.
Centerpoint sniper isn't expensive, they drive tacks. I think they have some that are over 400FPS. One I had only did 370.

jsmith6919

Classless Shitpainter
Centerpoint sniper isn't expensive, they drive tacks. I think they have some that are over 400FPS. One I had only did 370.
I have an old Tenpoint I got from a friend when he upgraded, just has ghost ring sights but is still a tack driver up to 100yrds

roughneck266

I have an old Tenpoint I got from a friend when he upgraded, just has ghost ring sights but is still a tack driver up to 100yrds
10 points and Ravins are basically the best of the best in my opinion. There are some lesser known brands like Skorpyd that are really good as well. I have always wanted a 10 point but never been able to unass the funds for one.

Chocolate Lab

I know so little I probably shouldn't talk :lol but my dad's is a couple year old PSE that I think does 375-380 or so? But their Fang is $399 or less and does 405.

Anyone on here shoot bows? Years ago at work we had a mailman who hunted with a longbow. And he was no spring chicken. Always thought that was really cool.

roughneck266

I know so little I probably shouldn't talk :lol but my dad's is a couple year old PSE that I think does 375-380 or so? But their Fang is $399 or less and does 405.

Anyone on here shoot bows? Years ago at work we had a mailman who hunted with a longbow. And he was no spring chicken. Always thought that was really cool.
I use a Compound. I have hunted with a recurve, but I need every advantage I can get. lol

Top Bottom