The Gun Thread

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, SC goes open carry next week. Hell yeah. Time to shop.

Which would you guys prefer to carry...Sig P938, or Glock 43?

I really love the reliabilty of the Glock. Yep, they are ugly as shit...but they are the gold standard for reliability and just work. The Sig is smaller, but I've read some reports that some batches of them only feed reliably with certain ammo. If thats true, its not even a consideration. But its hard to believe everything you read, and Sig is Sig, afterall. A stellar gun manufacturer.
Lately my fav carry is a Springfield Hellcat

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

I really love the reliabilty of the Glock. Yep, they are ugly as shit...but they are the gold standard for reliability and just work. The Sig is smaller, but I've read some reports that some batches of them only feed reliably with certain ammo. If thats true, its not even a consideration. But its hard to believe everything you read, and Sig is Sig, afterall. A stellar gun manufacturer.
I’m probably a poor reference when it comes to subcompact weapons. I don’t own any because I have large hands with long fingers, so I really struggle with small frames. The smallest weapon I own is a Walther P22, and I bought it more for my 9 year old son than myself. I love it, though. It’s tons of fun to shoot. It just feels very small to me.

In general though, you can’t go wrong with either of the weapons you listed. I’m a Sig guy myself (I own five of them with more to assuredly come), but Glock makes some high quality weapons.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I've got a factory ported Glock in .357 Sig. That son of a bitch blows fire out the end of the barrel when I shoot it, but damn its glorious.

LOL
This is the 5.25” polished stainless barrel. I have the two tone XDM with stainless slide, so it looks magnificent in the weapon. I can hardly wait to shoot it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I have the P938. It's my daily carry weapon. I love it. Handles well. Shoots well.

Cotton

Staff member
This is the 5.25” polished stainless barrel. I have the two tone XDM with stainless slide, so it looks magnificent in the weapon. I can hardly wait to shoot it.
The weapon I carried before this Sig was the Springfield XDS. I actually enjoy shooting it more than the Sig, tbh, which is weird.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The weapon I carried before this Sig was the Springfield XDS. I actually enjoy shooting it more than the Sig, tbh, which is weird.
I love my XDM. Of all of the 40S&Ws I’ve ever owned, it’s been my favorite by a country mile.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Good deal on Norma brass 9, free shipping if you order 1000 for $355

LIMITED TIME OFFER- NEW Brass 9mm Luger 124 Gr Range NORMA - QTY 50 | Ammo Shop Online
The shop by my house had Norma ammo in 9mm for $22 / 50rd box. I was pleased.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I’m seriously considering ordering a custom Cabot 1911. I’m left handed, and they’re one of the very few manufacturers that makes a true left handed pistol. They’re expensive as hell, but I’ll be able to handle that weapon much easier. Not to mention no longer running the risk of having hot brass hitting me in the face when it’s ejected because the ejection port will be on the left side.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Time for two more gun purchases: Sig P220 in .45 and P226 Extreme in 9mm.
Nice. I just gave my P220 in .45 to my son for his 21st birthday. Pretty sure it was someone on here that talked about doing that and I thought it was a cool idea to give each of my boys a firearm that I have carried when they turn 21. Looking for my next purchase now.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Most people call their first finger next to the thumb, the index finger or pointer finger.

My daughter today, sitting at a restaurant while we waited to get our order and she goes, "My trigger finger has a sore on it."

Umm...

:towel
Winning

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Nice. I just gave my P220 in .45 to my son for his 21st birthday. Pretty sure it was someone on here that talked about doing that and I thought it was a cool idea to give each of my boys a firearm that I have carried when they turn 21. Looking for my next purchase now.
That was me. I bought a Walther P22 for my 9 year old son. He and I went to the gun store on Father’s Day to buy it. Doing that for my son was the best Father’s Day gift I’ve ever received.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
That was me. I bought a Walther P22 for my 9 year old son. He and I went to the gun store on Father’s Day to buy it. Doing that for my son was the best Father’s Day gift I’ve ever received.
Had my grandson shooting 22s at 5. Obviously with me there only. He had a 9mm by the time he was 10. Little shit got a Kimber Raptor when he turned 21. Mind you, I have NO Kimber Raptor.... Pretty sure my wife likes him more than me.
At any rate, I believe you really should start them young, let them truly understand what happens on the other end when you pull the trigger. I took that boy hunting every time I went till he was out on his own. Some of the best times of my adult life.

Cotton

Staff member
Had my grandson shooting 22s at 5. Obviously with me there only. He had a 9mm by the time he was 10. Little shit got a Kimber Raptor when he turned 21. Mind you, I have NO Kimber Raptor.... Pretty sure my wife likes him more than me.
At any rate, I believe you really should start them young, let them truly understand what happens on the other end when you pull the trigger. I took that boy hunting every time I went till he was out on his own. Some of the best times of my adult life.
I feel the exact same way. I had my boy shooting by the time he was 8. They need to know what those weapons will do so they will respect them for what they are.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Ammoseek is down right now from people looking for the last of the cheap 7.62x39

roughneck266

DCC 4Life

Ammoseek is down right now from people looking for the last of the cheap 7.62x39
A great deal of that stuff is made in China now anyway. President Rainman won't mess with his money supply too much I don't think.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
A great deal of that stuff is made in China now anyway. President Rainman won't mess with his money supply too much I don't think.
I went ahead and bought 5k rounds at .32per last night, nothing showing on ammoseek under .50 now

Top Bottom