The Great Police Work Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It might, and I hope it does. But having a camera rolling sure as hell didn't make any difference in this case. Jittery cop pulled the trigger anyway without seeing any sort of weapon or aggressive actions.
I agree that it didn't help in this case, my point was more that I think this is the rare exception to that.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Did I say it wasn't a problem? It is, but 5% of the cops is what causes 95% of the problems.
I stated that it was a problem and you came back with a "let's not paint with a broad brush".

I don't really care what the percentages are. There are too many incidents of police gunning down unarmed people. It is a problem.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Listen, at least you and I have civilized debates about this shit. Don't fucking put words in my mouth, dickface.
lol C'mon It was close

If they are holding and swinging around what looks like a gun, I can understand the idea of shoot first, ask questions later... I can see their trepidation.
Fuck, iamtdg thinks a cop should be allowed to kill anyone who startles him, for startling him...

Cotton

Staff member
I stated that it was a problem and you came back with a "let's not paint with a broad brush".

I don't really care what the percentages are. There are too many incidents of police gunning down unarmed people. It is a problem.
I started that with "very few do" and I do care about the percentages because some in this thread are so gung-ho about demonizing cops that they generalize way too much.

Cotton

Staff member
lol C'mon It was close
A gun. In his hand. Possibly about to be pointed at you. I would say that's a little more than startling.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I started that with "very few do" and I do care about the percentages because some in this thread are so gung-ho about demonizing cops that they generalize way too much.
Do you put words in my mouth...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
And some in this thread will try to justify a cop's behavior in just about any situation.

We'll just have to leave it at that.

jeebs

Brand New Member
A gun. In his hand. Possibly about to be pointed at you. I would say that's a little more than startling.
I think it had a little more to do with you think a cops mind set should be shoot first ask questions later and therefore he is blameless for murdering a man holding a toy in a store selling them. I mean how is the cop not wrong. Matbe murder is overstating it, but the customer literally could not act in any that didnt end up with him shot.

I mean a guy ran up on him with an assualt rifle and when he dropped the bbgun it fell slightly forward, so the cops should kill him? I mean he should be stripped of his badge at the very least.

Cotton

Staff member
And some in this thread will try to justify a cop's behavior in just about any situation.

We'll just have to leave it at that.
I know you're not talking about me. i have been very pro-camera, and reasonable in this thread for the most part.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I know you're not talking about me. i have been very pro-camera, and reasonable in this thread for the most part.
Not specifically, but the prevailing attitude seems to be that if the cop feels threatened then any action is justified, regardless of if that threat is real or not.

Cotton

Staff member
I think it had a little more to do with you think a cops mind set should be shoot first ask questions later and therefore he is blameless for murdering a man holding a toy in a store selling them.
A toy that looks like an assault rifle, yes. I have never once intimated that a cop should always shoot first and ask questions later. Quit trying to create drama.

I mean a guy ran up on him with an assualt rifle and when he dropped the bbgun it fell slightly forward, so the cops should kill him? I mean he should be stripped of his badge at the very least.
They should shoot him while he was running forward. Waiting to see if he drops it would be foolish.

Cotton

Staff member
Not specifically, but the prevailing attitude seems to be that if the cop feels threatened then any action is justified, regardless of if that threat is real or not.
It's hard to put yourself in some bang gang (no pun intended) situations. Anyway, I have to watch a football game... I can resume this in a bit.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
It's hard to put yourself in some bang gang (no pun intended) situations. Anyway, I have to watch a football game... I can resume this in a bit.
You can resume it without me. It's essentially like a religion or politics thread. Nothing more can be accomplished.:hattip

Last edited:

jeebs

Brand New Member
That hits at the general unreasonableness of iamtdg's position. In generally he is decent on the topic, but the idea that a cops fear justifies anything despite the reality of the situation bothers me.

But I am going home, we can pick this up when work is slow again

p.s.

Am I the only retard that has to constantly delete my name from posts because I keep signing them like they are emails?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Seems like in the bb gun in walmart case the something should be done to the lying bitch who called 9-1-1 and basically said that Newtown Massacre 2 Electric Boogaloo was about to kick off, just because he didn't like the look of a random black guy in the store.

Top Bottom