The Cowboys figure out a way to win when things aren’t perfect: Sturm’s Morning After

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Probably although safety isn't looking too bad. Osa is playing really good. And hopefully Gregory and Lawrence will be back on track at some point. Plus I like Gallimore.
Yeah but if history has taught us anything take all those things you feel good about and figure that half of them aren’t actually gonna pan out. Plus we still need upgrades.

We have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball still.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but if history has taught us anything take all those things you feel good about and figure that half of them aren’t actually gonna pan out. Plus we still need upgrades.

We have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball still.
We do have a lot to do. Mostly in pass defense. Pass defense across the NFL kind of blows right now. I know corner isn't your thing but we badly need Bossman or Wright to pan out right now. Brown is killing us. A better pass rush would help too but even when Parsons destroyed people they still completed passes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Probably although safety isn't looking too bad. Osa is playing really good. And hopefully Gregory and Lawrence will be back on track at some point. Plus I like Gallimore.
Anae has been looking pretty good, too.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We do have a lot to do. Mostly in pass defense. Pass defense across the NFL kind of blows right now. I know corner isn't your thing but we badly need Bossman or Wright to pan out right now. Brown is killing us. A better pass rush would help too but even when Parsons destroyed people they still completed passes.
With the rules and advanced teaching and development of the passing game you just kind of have to accept that teams with good or better QB/WR combos are going to be able to move the ball.

Basically I think you have to grade defenses on a sliding scale now.

As far as building the defense, I'd focus on CB after DE, DT and S unless it was a Lamb-like situation where there is a no brainer CB available who's the BPA.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as building the defense, I'd focus on CB after DE, DT and S unless it was a Lamb-like situation where there is a no brainer CB available who's the BPA.
Yeah I'm not talking free agency or draft. I think we have options on the roster that will get there. But right now Brown is our biggest problem on defense in my opinion. Basically he is playing like a steaming pile and we need to get it figured out.

It doesn't have to be fixed with a top draft pick. Hell we have a second and third rounder on the roster right now that we haven't seen. We just need to get it fixed and I've got three names on the current roster I think could fix it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I'm not talking free agency or draft. I think we have options on the roster that will get there. But right now Brown is our biggest problem on defense in my opinion. Basically he is playing like a steaming pile and we need to get it figured out.

It doesn't have to be fixed with a top draft pick. Hell we have a second and third rounder on the roster right now that we haven't seen. We just need to get it fixed and I've got three names on the current roster I think could fix it.
I seriously think Canady will be the answer, if he isn't already.

Top Bottom