The Coronavirus Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Right, hospitals weren't cash incentivized to code deaths as covid back then.

But even more, the US population today is triple what it was in 1918.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Do you still have to work virtually? I'm so busy it would be a mess at work if I was out for 2 weeks.
Yup, all remote. Court went back to in person, which is where I suspect I got it. But they are panicking about the delta variant so back to virtual for court starting next week too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is what it boils down to. And, it should be a choice either way.
It is a choice either way at present. The employer has the choice to require it and the employee has the choice to conform or leave. It like any other mandate a business implements in the course of business, an employee must accept the terms of their employers policies be able to stay employed. It’s no difference than drug testing or any other condition of employment. It does no interfere with a persons rights. It only says it’s a condition of employment.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It is a choice either way at present. The employer has the choice to require it and the employee has the choice to conform or leave. It like any other mandate a business implements in the course of business, an employee must accept the terms of their employers policies be able to stay employed. It’s no difference than drug testing or any other condition of employment. It does no interfere with a persons rights. It only says it’s a condition of employment.
I agree, and I am hoping these companies that are requiring it lose half their staff in a time when it is almost impossible to keep a full staff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Vitamin D should be regularly taken for almost all Americans. Such an important mineral for healthy bodily function.
That's why it is so important to get outside as often as you can. And, the lockdowns prevented people from getting outside a lot... just saying.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That's why it is so important to get outside as often as you can. And, the lockdowns prevented people from getting outside a lot... just saying.
And going to the gym

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The population is over 3.5 times what the population was in 1918. In addition of course population density is higher. This statistic is more scary if you don't look at things logically

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The difference is politics got involved this time and this one was inflated and lied about.
If you look back then, politics was involved. There were maskers and anti-maskers.

People were just as partisan and foolish then as they are now.

The true difference is that there was no visibility.

That is a part of the distraction from then going to now what is going on anywhere at anytime can be displayed and seen.

I am sure the numbers are inflated. It is a dream for those who want to shape messages.

But I am sure 100 years from now, nobody will be looking back on the last two years and scream it was a hoax.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The population is over 3.5 times what the population was in 1918. In addition of course population density is higher. This statistic is more scary if you don't look at things logically
That and if you don't question why there are zero flu deaths now

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That and if you don't question why there are zero flu deaths now
Masking was never a widespread thing before. Even with the SARS outbreak.

That has absolutely affected the transmission of the flu.

I guess I just don't appreciate how many sad ass fuckers get sick.

In fact, the last time I was violently ill was a case of rotavirus over 15 years ago.

Since then, zero in terms of anything that took me down to the point I would say I was truly sick.

Honestly, people being "sick" in this country is just people working attendance policies.

Top Bottom