The Coronavirus Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
This guy must believe Demons rape people at night, too.
He's exactly right in that video.

Example: Wondered how the Oklahoma governor was doing. Searched on it and saw pages of results on him testing positive, including Colbert railing on him.

Barely a mention that he recovered and is perfectly fine. (And barely had symptoms anyway.)

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Point one, I've dealt with docs a few times since this began, and they've seemed very unconcerned (less than me, anyway) about all of this. That always surprises me.

And a buddy of mine who thinks this is all a bunch of crap feels that way because two docs he knows well think yes, the virus is real, but the panic and paranoia and shutdowns about it are totally undeserved.

Point two, I'm not anti-mask and was promoting them before they even became mandatory here. But the research since then shows that this virus is very rarely spread from casual contact. The virus doesn't explode because someone walks by you without a mask at Target. It explodes when groups of families or friends get together, or people sit together inside a nasty subway car, and breathe the same air for extended periods of time.

So even though I don't hate the masks like some, I also think this business of judging someone's entire character by how often they wear a mask has become totally ridiculous.
My wife recently had shoulder surgery, and when the 2 initial visits to the ortho, the doc completely forgot to wear a mask. The first time, when the doc left the room to get a mask, the nurse said the doc forgets because he thinks the masks are worthless. FWIW

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

This guy must believe Demons rape people at night, too.
I like what he said and hope its true but I cant help but laugh at what looks like a podium and flag set up in a bedroom of his house

who is this guy?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He's exactly right in that video.

Example: Wondered how the Oklahoma governor was doing. Searched on it and saw pages of results on him testing positive, including Colbert railing on him.

Barely a mention that he recovered and is perfectly fine. (And barely had symptoms anyway.)
I think to a degree the easy recoveries are simply the fallacy in some of the testing components that will pick up false positives if the patient has another condition to trigger the test. They may not even have the Corona 19 virus. Conversely if that isn’t the case then there are myriads of stories that state the virus isn’t always harmful.

Either way it’s an indicator that the data is possibly erroneous and to a minimum cannot be reliable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like what he said and hope its true but I cant help but laugh at what looks like a podium and flag set up in a bedroom of his house

who is this guy?
I agree with the guy and think what he is saying is pretty accurate. There is a lot of fear over something that isn't nearly as scary as people are acting and treating it. I also agree that it's kind of funny to think of this guy sitting in his home setting this all up like a press conference.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

who is this guy?
He's one of the docs from California who posted a video a month or two ago along with his partner about how overblown this was and how medical facilities were suffering because people were too terrified to go to the doctor. It was one of the first vids youtube banned because I guess it wasn't frightening enough.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
9 people tested positive in the school recently.
I don’t completely believe the results of the testing process. There are factors within some of the kits that will reach beyond the Covid 19 virus and react to many other Corona categorized viruses that are harmless such as the common cold virus. Still it is designated as a Covid 19 positive. In addition the strong push to test everyone will reveal both positives and false positives but will all be counted positive. It creates a very skewed result and makes it next to impossible to have any reliable stats.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don’t completely believe the results of the testing process. There are factors within some of the kits that will reach beyond the Covid 19 virus and react to many other Corona categorized viruses that are harmless such as the common cold virus. Still it is designated as a Covid 19 positive. In addition the strong push to test everyone will reveal both positives and false positives but will all be counted positive. It creates a very skewed result and makes it next to impossible to have any reliable stats.
I stopped paying attention to the numbers a long time ago. They are worthless.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This still amazes me that he is not being crucified over this. If this was any Republican politician responsible for this, all hell would break loose. They certainly would not still be in office, being propped up as a media darling, and taken seriously as a leader in this "crisis". And probably brought up on charges, if at all possible.

Top Bottom