The Coronavirus Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So now we’re anti capitalist? Because a guy getting a 1billion golden parachute is capitalism at it’s finest.
Depends on how he got it. I dont trust that it wasnt some under the table deal.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's Robert Reich, so yes he is anti capitalist.

But no, the government printing money to give it to companies they're in bed with to make both richer is not capitalism.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Covid panic has always been about money. It was so obvious from the git go when it was depicted as almost a certain death if you were contacted with it. There was no way that position could be valid because the numbers did not even come close to be able label this as the grim reapers choice of dying.

Yet with no statistical data to support the claim at the on set it was still touted by the medical profession as a pandemic of mass fatalities.

As the weeks went by and there was in fact statistical evidence that the death rate was essentially the same as an influenza season but still the medical profession treated the virus as a doom and gloom experience. Even today the fear and panic is still being peddled and reactions by some are in a state of extreme paranoia. This may be the largest scam in the history of the world.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Covid panic has always been about money. It was so obvious from the git go when it was depicted as almost a certain death if you were contacted with it. There was no way that position could be valid because the numbers did not even come close to be able label this as the grim reapers choice of dying.

Yet with no statistical data to support the claim at the on set it was still touted by the medical profession as a pandemic of mass fatalities.

As the weeks went by and there was in fact statistical evidence that the death rate was essentially the same as an influenza season but still the medical profession treated the virus as a doom and gloom experience. Even today the fear and panic is still being peddled and reactions by some are in a state of extreme paranoia. This may be the largest scam in the history of the world.
Dead on.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
During the early days of the pandemic I thought the precautions were necessary, especially pre-vaccines. But the way they're continuing to try to push for mandatory masks and possibly new lockdowns, makes them look shady as hell.

Even with the surge of new cases, death rates and hospitalizations are significantly lower than they were in the past; mostly thanks to vaccines and these weaker variants. So if that's the case, I really don't understand the logic behind trying to force people into masks and lockdowns. The virus likely isn't going anywhere. IIRC, even Biden said that it's time to accept that we have to learn to live with COVID. "Learning to live with it" shouldn't be mandatory masking and lockdowns every time too many people get runny noses and sore throats.

Cotton

Staff member
During the early days of the pandemic I thought the precautions were necessary, especially pre-vaccines. But the way they're continuing to try to push for mandatory masks and possibly new lockdowns, makes them look shady as hell.

Even with the surge of new cases, death rates and hospitalizations are significantly lower than they were in the past; mostly thanks to vaccines and these weaker variants. So if that's the case, I really don't understand the logic behind trying to force people into masks and lockdowns. The virus likely isn't going anywhere. IIRC, even Biden said that it's time to accept that we have to learn to live with COVID. "Learning to live with it" shouldn't be mandatory masking and lockdowns every time too many people get runny noses and sore throats.
I agree with all of this except I think the main reason the hospitalizations and deaths are down are probably more likely due to natural immunity at this point.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
What's that? Going to Gitmo? Burned at the stake?
Not quite. He’d surely be impeached and most certainly will be the subject of mostly useless investigations should the Rs take both the house and senate back in a few months.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not quite. He’d surely be impeached and most certainly will be the subject of mostly useless investigations should the Rs take both the house and senate back in a few months.
I am not certain why the hell he doesn't just step down.

I don't consider the guy teh debil, but I think I want disease experts to be more in their prime versus just playing out the string.

Cotton

Staff member

I don't consider the guy teh debil, but I think I want disease experts to be more in their prime versus just playing out the string.
He is the debil. He did more wrongs to US citizens than any public figure I can ever remember.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Eh I think he is untrustworthy and dishonest at this point. Has little to do with age. I'm not going to burn the guy at the stake but he should be terminated from his position however that works.

Top Bottom