The Coronavirus Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even though vaccinations are the stated mandates currently as long as it stays with the employers determination I am ok with it. If it becomes a government entity mandate then I appose it to the end.
I'm all for private business being able to control what they do and how they do it. But there is a line that makes me uncomfortable where an employer makes employees do medical things or be fired. I'm not sure where that line is but somewhere in there it would make me uncomfortable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You’re ok with an employer levering your livelihood ?
It's easy to say just quit if you don't like it. But for the individual who is living paycheck to paycheck and has nothing in their savings but that's easier said than done.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's easy to say just quit if you don't like it. But for the individual who is living paycheck to paycheck and has nothing in their savings but that's easier said than done.
And that’s a lot of people. I’m sure many have caved when the job is threatened.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And that’s a lot of people. I’m sure many have caved when the job is threatened.
If the courts here said tomorrow that they are only letting vaccinated people in the courthouse I'd get it. Not that I want to or that I don't have enough money in the bank to survive but my career is pretty important to me.

Luckily they would never do that in Missouri but if I put myself in that position it would suck bad.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If the courts here said tomorrow that they are only letting vaccinated people in the courthouse I'd get it. Not that I want to or that I don't have enough money in the bank to survive but my career is pretty important to me.

Luckily they would never do that in Missouri but if I put myself in that position it would suck bad.
It’s not exactly fair play. They hold and wield an advantage over many folks.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You’re ok with an employer levering your livelihood ?
It’s a system where employers make determinations about employee guidelines and procedures all the time. The current system is if there are unions then they can negotiate but beyond that the only thing different is this particular issue has been hyped way beyond its actual importance. The employer has always levered employee requirements and they have been done on a take it or leave it format. This is no different.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It’s a system where employers make determinations about employee guidelines and procedures all the time. The current system is if there are unions then they can negotiate but beyond that the only thing different is this particular issue has been hyped way beyond its actual importance. The employer has always levered employee requirements and they have been done on a take it or leave it format. This is no different.
In short, it is at will employment. But to be fired because of a virus and it’s alleged vaccine seems to go above and beyond the norm of fireable offenses. Feels very inequitable. A person is a stellar employee but they don’t want to vax; cut them. Does that sound reasonable ?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sort of but not entirely. You can't tell all you employees to lop their penises off or be fired because you don't think penises are good for the workplace.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sort of but not entirely. You can't tell all you employees to lop their penises off or be fired because you don't think penises are good for the workplace.
You as an employer can tell even the circumstance you outlined they then are faced with a determination of complying or not complying. They make the determination whether they will comply or leave. Their rights are not violated

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In short, it is at will employment. But to be fired because of a virus and it’s alleged vaccine seems to go above and beyond the norm of fireable offenses. Feels very inequitable. A person is a stellar employee but they don’t want to vax; cut them. Does that sound reasonable ?
Personally I think it is inequitable as well but it doesn’t matter what I think. The determinations are made to comply or not comply. If one circumstance is exempted from the process then pretty soon all mandates will be subject to arbitration and the employer will have no control.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You as an employer can tell even the circumstance you outlined they then are faced with a determination of complying or not complying. They make the determination whether they will comply or leave. Their rights are not violated
The issue with vaccine mandates with employment is it was not lined out in the conditions of employment like a drug test. It was added after the fact. Kinda like telling an employee in their PDQ that they wouldn't have to work overtime, and then tell them 2 weeks into their employment that they have to work 70 hours a week.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The issue with vaccine mandates with employment is it was not lined out in the conditions of employment like a drug test. It was added after the fact. Kinda like telling an employee in their PDQ that they wouldn't have to work overtime, and then tell them 2 weeks into their employment that they have to work 70 hours a week.
Mandated practices are an open ended occurrence and can be addressed whenever necessary. Conditions and rights are always coming and going and have to be dealt with such as benefits that are changed subject to change. The employer has to address these issues as they occur. The circumstance with the Covid matter is that it took on a life of its own and is being used for many issues. The only real item that doesn’t need to occur under any circumstance is for determinations not being by government. The fairness issues in all this are very blatant and determined. The ones who promote vaccinations and those who do not want vaccinations. It appears to be a situation that may in fact make it to the courts then it will really get interesting. Courts will be jammed for years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It became a problem for everyone after the fact.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Mandated practices are an open ended occurrence and can be addressed whenever necessary. Conditions and rights are always coming and going and have to be dealt with such as benefits that are changed subject to change. The employer has to address these issues as they occur. The circumstance with the Covid matter is that it took on a life of its own and is being used for many issues. The only real item that doesn’t need to occur under any circumstance is for determinations not being by government. The fairness issues in all this are very blatant and determined. The ones who promote vaccinations and those who do not want vaccinations. It appears to be a situation that may in fact make it to the courts then it will really get interesting. Courts will be jammed for years.
I wonder when wrongful termination suits start to inundate the system.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wonder when wrongful termination suits start to inundate the system.
idgas to be honesty.

I am 100 times more proud of the old man that flipped the bird but I 100% support private businesses doing what they want as well. It gets dicey when the employer is the government though.

I think that employer mandates are wrong on a personal level but get your laws off of my business. If I wake up tomorrow and get a wild hair I'll do whatever the hell I want. There could be serious consequences like employees quitting, suing or customers leaving but that's my prerogative. You can f right off by getting in my business.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's a good point. Better update the handbook and get your legal stuff in line before making moves.

Top Bottom