The Coronavirus Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I get giving them an emergency use exception, but totally throwing out the FDA regulations that they don't get fully approved until after the third trials(which is 2023) is fucking bullshit and shows it was because of political pressure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

And they just started building an even bigger one about a month ago which won't be finished for another 6 months which shows they have no intention of lessoning of restrictions.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't see where not wanting the vaccine has anything to do with politics. It surely doesn't for me.
For many it is political. That’s the primary explanation for the many, many almost cult-like responses against it.

It’s proven to slow down if not outright stop COVID 19. Why not take it? Serious answers please, not “Because…”

The billions who’ve taken it are fine and healthier as a result. The ones who don’t take it accelerate the incubation and mutation of this damned bug.

To me, and most people, that’s painfully obvious. So yeah, I agree to totally disagree. A high profile player, the supposed leader of the team, who refuses to take the vaccine and then gets COVID comes across as the worst kind of idiot.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus, people are stupid. It's one thing to go to School Board meetings. Trying to ziptie a principle to a chair under the guise of "citizen's arrest" is a whole nother level.

Cotton

Staff member
It has? I would love to see some proof of this.
Cases went UP after the vaccine came out.

And, don't talk to me about delta. Guess what, the flu vaccine only protects against certain strains. A vaccine doesn't "fix" a virus. It's just supposed to help. But, a spike after a vaccine has been administered is, for lack of a better word, weird.

Cotton

Staff member
This whole thing has been a fucking ruse. The virus is real, but the numbers and efficacy of the vaccine has been bullshit. All of it.

I'm fucking tired of even seeing the god damn word, covid.

The AIDS epidemic was 1000 times worse. That shit was scary. This shit is literally the flu. I said it from the very first of this thing and was ridiculed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ok, now that we're in here...

The bad orange man said to take the vaccine. And the biggest group of non vaccinated by percentage are black men. So for plenty of people, this isn't political. I know I'd never make a decision on what to put into my body based on something as silly as what person or what party happens to be in power at the time, and I know I'm not alone.

It's pretty simple -- we know this virus poses serious risks to different groups of people, namely the old and those with comorbidities. Young healthy NFL players are at almost zero risk, so I totally understand players not wanting it. That shouldn't even be a controversial position.

My parents are old, so I'm glad they've taken it. I'm in the middle age-wise, but I'm healthy, so I think my risk is very low of something bad happening. If I'm wrong and I die, that'll suck, but odds are very against that happening, and I'd rather not put an experimental substance in my body. I'm that way on anything, not just this vaccine. I prefer to avoid pharmaceuticals whenever possible. Again, that shouldn't be controversial and it certainly isn't political.

But I will say the narrative that if you don't vax you're causing deadly mutations to kill people is false. Too much to go in to here, but check it out on the web, and not just the big corporate and social media because they are not telling you the entire story.

Cotton

Staff member
Ok, now that we're in here...

The bad orange man said to take the vaccine. And the biggest group of non vaccinated by percentage are black men. So for plenty of people, this isn't political. I know I'd never make a decision on what to put into my body based on something as silly as what person or what party happens to be in power at the time, and I know I'm not alone.

It's pretty simple -- we know this virus poses serious risks to different groups of people, namely the old and those with comorbidities. Young healthy NFL players are at almost zero risk, so I totally understand players not wanting it. That shouldn't even be a controversial position.

My parents are old, so I'm glad they've taken it. I'm in the middle age-wise, but I'm healthy, so I think my risk is very low of something bad happening. If I'm wrong and I die, that'll suck, but odds are very against that happening, and I'd rather not put an experimental substance in my body. I'm that way on anything, not just this vaccine. I prefer to avoid pharmaceuticals whenever possible. Again, that shouldn't be controversial and it certainly isn't political.

But I will say the narrative that if you don't vax you're causing deadly mutations to kill people is false. Too much to go in to here, but check it out on the web, and not just the big corporate and social media because they are not telling you the entire story.
Dead on how I feel. Especially the last part regarding the fucking morons that could believe that the unvaxxed could cause more mutations. There is not fucking way in hell they could possibly know that this soon after the vaccine came out. It would take a couple of decades to know that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My guess are those hospitals are "full" like the hospitals were "full" when the TikTok nurses were dancing on the job in empty hallways at the height of the pandemic.
Yeah I seriously doubt they have that many overdoses at once. Maybe 2 people. And I think people are idiots for taking it by the way.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My guess are those hospitals are "full" like the hospitals were "full" when the TikTok nurses were dancing on the job in empty hallways at the height of the pandemic.
If you read the article, it says that happened at a few rural hospitals, which have low emergency capacity to begin with. Of course they word it like the entire state is overwhelmed, which is ridiculous. It's just like during the first wave of Covid when "Houston hospitals were overflowing." Well sure, a few were. But they make it sound like every ICU in the city was full, which wasn't the case at all.

I really don't get the whole anti-Ivermectin thing. Physicians use drugs off label all the time. That's supposed to be up to the physician, and was until now. Did you see where Rogan already recovered? They'd never admit it, but you know that disappointed a bunch of people. Which is really sad.

Top Bottom