The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, but then the narrative would be 'Whitey killed his career by sitting him so long" making him even more of a martyr.
:lol Probably so. At least, that's the way they'd spin it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
How the fuck can there be people out there so stupid to believe this guy still wants to play football?

He didn't even want to play when he started this charade a few years back.

The guy hasn't wanted to play football for years and it's ridiculous that there are still people who actually believe he does.
Exactly.

Brian Flores got a job this off-season and he's literally suing the league.

But sure, Kapernick is a great QB and totally wants to play but the league blackballed him. And stuff.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Seattle is very liberal, so there'd be next to no public backlash. If any team took a flyer, it'd be them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
But sure, Kapernick is a great QB and totally wants to play but the league blackballed him. And stuff.
To be fair, I do believe the league did blackball him there for a bit, but I always maintained that this would not have happened had he actually been a really good QB.

It became easy to make an example of him because he was an average QB, at best. But then Goodell got socially conscious and started caving to pressure and I think he encouraged teams to give him a look.

But that's when the truth came out. I believe both Baltimore and Denver wanted to bring him into camp but the guy refused. All of that shit was for show and it became obvious that he was just putting on a front just to draw more attention to his "cause".

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Baltimore was all set to sign him when his girlfriend tweeted out that their owner was basically a slave trader/owner. Who wouldn't nix the deal after that nonsense?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
To be fair, I do believe the league did blackball him there for a bit, but I always maintained that this would not have happened had he actually been a really good QB.

It became easy to make an example of him because he was an average QB, at best. But then Goodell got socially conscious and started caving to pressure and I think he encouraged teams to give him a look.

But that's when the truth came out. I believe both Baltimore and Denver wanted to bring him into camp but the guy refused. All of that shit was for show and it became obvious that he was just putting on a front just to draw more attention to his "cause".
Kinda hard to blackball someone that can't start for an NFL team because they suck.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Kinda hard to blackball someone that can't start for an NFL team because they suck.
I think that had it not been for the protesting, he would have at least been brought into camps to be considered for backup roles.

I think it's pretty obvious NFL teams purposely stayed away from him, but I would've done the same thing.

An average player isn't worth the headaches and if they could also try to get less players to stop kneeling in the process? Win/Win.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think that had it not been for the protesting, he would have at least been brought into camps to be considered for backup roles.

I think it's pretty obvious NFL teams purposely stayed away from him, but I would've done the same thing.

An average player isn't worth the headaches and if they could also try to get less players to stop kneeling in the process? Win/Win.
Race aside, strictly from business and management perspective it is way too much hassle to deal with all of this. I can't see a scenario where the juice would be worth the squeeze from a practical perspective.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's very true but it's not because he was black or that he stood up for black rights. It's that the guy is an asshole. You can be an asshole in the NFL if you're talented like TO. But if you're a mediocre backup player you don't get to be an asshole.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Seattle is very liberal, so there'd be next to no public backlash. If any team took a flyer, it'd be them.
And if Silver is right with his sources, they actually decided to not deal with it.

This grifter is toxic. Anyone with half a lick of common sense and who does not make their living from fueling the fire should be able to see it very clearly.

Right now, he is a punchline that I think some of the more woke idiots want to keep milking.

It is kind of gross in a parasitic kind of way.

Top Bottom