The Athletic: From the GM’s Eye - Jerry Jones is blaming the coaching, but he should be blaming himself

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Goddamned fucking rednecked goobers running my team

We’ve had to train ourselves to be content with whatever victories we can snatch along the way

And there have been some really good ones, I’m not going to lie.

But no great ones. Those happen deep into the playoffs.

And our soft, goober-led, dickless coaches can’t possibly win. Not unless we luck into another Parcells situation.

But Jerry has his stadium now, his practice facility, and whatever other real estate he wants to develop and paint Cowboys stars all over.

He doesn’t really need another truly great, independent, football first-Jones’ last coach.

At the end of the day, it’s always been about himself, and that same attitude has permeated his next generation of family. Maybe his grandkid believes the pollyanna crap he tries to sell the public and might someday actually doe what it takes to win in this league.

But really, it’s probably not going to happen unless the stars align perfectly or the Jones family jet crashes into the Jones’ Dallas Cowboys bus with all the Jones as passengers of one or the other

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jerry now must sit by and watch the team he built fail yet again. It galls him that his way was never successful. It was ALL Jimmy , and zero Jerry that brought 3 trophies in 5 years

Top Bottom