Super Bowl LV Chatter Thread | Bucs/Chiefs

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They don't give a fuck who actually watches the commercials. They want TV sets tuned to the game. That's what determines ratings which is all they care about. 15 TVs on in a bar beats 1 TV on at a watch party.
Not to mention the smart phones checking fanduel

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Come on, now. You're just being obtuse with this response. Iamtdg mentioned 15 TVs at a bar vs 1 at home. They have ZERO way of tracking how many people actually watch the ads. But they can track how many TVs those ads are played on.
Right, and people staying home means many more tv sets in use compared to a bar, which adds up to more revenue. There's also more competition for your attention when you're in a bar, which is why the NFL wants you home .. on a Sunday night.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He's all yours, Iamtdg. I have no desire to argue with the willfully ignorant tonight. Some other time, perhaps.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's all yours, Iamtdg. I have no desire to argue with the willfully ignorant tonight. Some other time, perhaps.
I got this.

bbgun said:
people staying home means many more tv sets in use compared to a bar
Never mind, I'm done.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ive slept in it and Ive come to the conclusion that its still stupid to not move it.

Ratings are going to be the same because we are creatures of habit. Which is one of the reasons they give for it being on Sunday. Weve always had football on Sunday.

Move it. Accept the change for the fans. They will still watch the game despite bbgun offering to take them to see FF 14.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Come on, now. You're just being obtuse with this response. Iamtdg mentioned 15 TVs at a bar vs 1 at home. They have ZERO way of tracking how many people actually watch the ads. But they can track how many TVs those ads are played on.
So... Those TVs at the bars will have something else on if people went home turning on more TVs to the SB?
Playing on Sundays adds TVs

p1_

DCC 4Life
Football on Sunday is a long standing tradition. Imagine sitting around Sunday after a Super Bowl game that played on Saturday night. It would feel empty, you would miss it.

Cotton

Staff member
So... Those TVs at the bars will have something else on if people went home turning on more TVs to the SB?
Playing on Sundays adds TVs
That doesn't even make any fucking sense.

Cotton

Staff member
Football on Sunday is a long standing tradition. Imagine sitting around Sunday after a Super Bowl game that played on Saturday night. It would feel empty, you would miss it.
I'm pretty damn sure I would not.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Record it and watch again. There isnt any football now so no different if it was Saturday or Sunday.

Cotton

Staff member
why not? youre gonna miss it this coming Sunday, wont you?
I won't miss the hangover on Monday. I would much rather have that hangover on Sunday.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I won't miss the hangover on Monday. I would much rather have that hangover on Sunday.
If you have a hangover after a Super Bowl without the Cowboys in it, you may just be looking for an excuse to overindulge. I have bigger hangovers with regular season games.

Cotton

Staff member
If you have a hangover after a Super Bowl without the Cowboys in it, you may just be looking for an excuse to overindulge. I have bigger hangovers with regular season games.
Your point?

data

Forbes #1
The game almost always ends at a reasonable time (esp for fans not living in the Eastern Time Zone ), so work is usually not an issue. The hardcore fans will of course stay home and watch the game, but Saturday night gives casual fans options they don't have on Sunday night.
They moved the NFL Draft to Thursday.

It worked. Hardcore fans followed and so did casual fans.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
That doesn't even make any fucking sense.
And you call others obtuse???
you play on Saturday the bar plays the SB on their 15 TVs, there's 100 people there.
You play on Sunday the bar still has the SB on the 15 TVs, but there's just 25 people there, of the other 75 even if just one third are watching at home that's another 25 TVs tuned to the game.
Like you said they count TVs, not how many are actually watching.
Are you able to understand this?

Cotton

Staff member
And you call others obtuse???
you play on Saturday the bar plays the SB on their 15 TVs, there's 100 people there.
You play on Sunday the bar still has the SB on the 15 TVs, but there's just 25 people there, of the other 75 even if just one third are watching at home that's another 25 TVs tuned to the game.
Like you said they count TVs, not how many are actually watching.
Are you able to understand this?
My point is that if you do it on Saturday, you would have the 100 at the bar plus all of the watch parties. Whereas on Sunday you don't get the bar element hardly at all. Like I said, doesn't make any sense at all to me.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
My point is that if you do it on Saturday, you would have the 100 at the bar plus all of the watch parties. Whereas on Sunday you don't get the bar element hardly at all. Like I said, doesn't make any sense at all to me.
That doesn't make any sense, you think on SB Sunday, the bars would have something else on TV?? HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO A BAR OR RESTAURANT ON SB SUNDAY??

Top Bottom