Sturm: Why Cowboys Fans Are Victims of Their Own Memories

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed. This is one of the most critical fanbases around. It's part of the "whine and cheese" crown thing too. If they aren't winning, Cowboys fans get disgusted far more easily than other fanbases. They don't show up and get excited unless it's a Super Bowl contender.

Also one of the reasons why a couple of 8-8 seasons means we have "one of the worst coaches in football" instead of a merely average coach that the record indicates.

That being said, we are the Cowboys, and we should expect more, and if the coach can't do better than that, he should be replaced. Jerry Jones can easily do better with his resources and doesn't.
:picard

GShock

DCC 4Life
I cannot root for them to lose. Just can't.

I think it's absurd to pretend that losing will improve anything. Better draft pick? Jerry's the one making it. Firing Garret? Guess who picks the next guy?

Jerry's not going to change. He's just not. Could things deteriorate so drastically that there is actually a financial incentive (like the stadium) for him to act differently? Possibly, but that's a lot of losing away from here. And even then, there are no guarantees. Last time we got a past-his-prime Parcells looking to make a money grab who drafted Terrance Newman with his first pick. No question he ultimately assembled a talented team, but he was unable to translate that talent into meaningful results on the field, and when it seemed that the team was poised to break out, he decided he had enough money and walked away.

Did that make up for the Switzer absurdity, the Gailey mediocrity, and the Campo misery?

Ah, no.

So I remain unconvinced that the next puppet or mercenary looking for a Jerry payday will be any sort of salvation. We have 17 years, 10 QBs, 6 head coaches, and literally hundreds of draft picks and free agents that are evidence to the contrary.

Root for them to lose? For Jerry to exercise some more of his decision-making?

Thanks, no.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
The more they lose, the more Jerry will want to 'prove them wrong'. Rooting for them to lose accomplishes nothing at all.

There's quite literally no scenario for success here. Jerry isn't good enough to create a winner, and he's too stubborn to quit if the team is a loser.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The more they lose, the more Jerry will want to 'prove them wrong'. Rooting for them to lose accomplishes nothing at all.

There's quite literally no scenario for success here. Jerry isn't good enough to create a winner, and he's too stubborn to quit if the team is a loser.
In a nutshell.

Foobio

DCC 4Life

You cracked the code, Bob.

Top Bottom